Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

saturday 14th march steak and bj day

Options
  • 14-03-2015 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭

The saturday after cheltenham jonjo o neill seems to always pick up a winner. Catches them off guard almost. Last year it was lost legend. This year there is three horses of his running. Communicator and alaivan are in the same, bigger race so would anyone fancy either? The third rides in a maiden I think so avoid for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Not sure I want to reply to this thread title, but I fancy a few today.

Laurel Creek is a massive 1353 days off the track, but goes in the 7:15 at Wolverhampton. From the 4 runs it's had at Wolverhampton, it's finished 1st three times and 2nd once. Had a flat rating as high as 90, now all the way back down to 53 running in this very weak class 6 race, I would not be at all surprised that this one wins. This one has proven track form, so if it can be anywhere near its best, then it should win. You'd imagine connections aren't going to send this one over on the boat just to give it a run either. Best price 4/1.

No time for other write-up's but Goonyella in the 3:50 at 10/1 and Bennelong in the 5:25 at Lingers are the other picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

That's some squad that Charlie Appleby has at Lingfield, really dominated the aw this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gavster1982

They've punted McCoy on catching on big time in the 3.50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

They've punted McCoy on catching on big time in the 3.50

Its a jonjo horse too. I missed that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Have had 1 pt win on educate in the 3.05 Lingfield. Think 25s is too big and given the week Rossom had would be rude not to back him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Have had 1 pt win on educate in the 3.05 Lingfield. Think 25s is too big and given the week Rossom had would be rude not to back him.

He wasn't far of Battalion lto who is 6/1 shot today and Hughes is the perfect jockey for Educate. He may not win often but he's been running consistently well and should at least threaten a place at 25/1.

Also like Mydor at Kempton. Martin was so happy with his british handicap mark that it was too good, he couldn't get into Pertemps. No surprise at all to see him hang around for today's race and I've had a good bet on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,888 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Summery Justice 25-1 ew 3.50
    Ran a good race into 2nd over this distance last time out. A consistent performer who rarely doesnt' finish. Great place chances.

Dust being kicked up at Kempton. Drying fast,ground is getting quicker every race.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

That Midlands National looks like a desperate race, a four mile plod in the mud. Hoping Johnjo's one might still be a step ahead of the handicapper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

My old pal Educate runs in the Winter Derby at Lingfield but I actually think stablemate New Story 25/1 looks a huge price as I think he's a very exciting horse for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Deputy dan jumping better than he ever has will run away with this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

And he falls haha

Cloudscape 7-1 for me in the 3.05
    Ran well when running on last time out against a few of these. That was first run since last July.Good draw too.

On Fiddlers Green very impressive there, think a big money owner will be taking interest there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

Bj and steak in... horses still going? :p

Goonyella wins
    Well done Francie/

Red Avenger 20-1 ew 4.15 . I like this.
    But Appleby winning everthing here again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

Typical, I've picked the other two of Francies selections :( lol

WD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Good do see Goonyella win a big one, had been threatening that for a long time.

• Advertisement

Kate Applebys hoes
    Short price.

Advertisement