Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S&S

Options
  • 13-03-2015 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭

How many hours do we have to do S&S this year, I can't remember which is now is after all the agreements etc. ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Its 43 off the top of my head

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fade out

Does anyone know if you can be timetabled to do supervision as part of your 22 hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Never heard of that Fade Out? I think its 43 too Seavill.

I'm livid over time in lieu already. One year group were out yesterday and Another year group today. Guess what mug got caught for all classes. There were 4 other teachers parallel to me today who weren't caught yesterday for TIL and were free again today. They were commenting on how lucky they were being free both days. I'm sitting there wondering WTF did I do to piss off management? So annoying. I really don't understand why there can't be some level of fairness applied. One of the people who was on call for TIL against me today isn't even on the after school detention rota. Really resenting this lark this year now I have the baba to be getting home to. S and S is worse again, we didn't even follow the circular instructions this year! Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fade out

Never heard of that Fade Out? I think its 43 too Seavill.

I'm livid over time in lieu already. One year group were out yesterday and Another year group today. Guess what mug got caught for all classes. There were 4 other teachers parallel to me today who weren't caught yesterday for TIL and were free again today. They were commenting on how lucky they were being free both days. I'm sitting there wondering WTF did I do to piss off management? So annoying. I really don't understand why there can't be some level of fairness applied. One of the people who was on call for TIL against me today isn't even on the after school detention rota. Really resenting this lark this year now I have the baba to be getting home to. S and S is worse again, we didn't even follow the circular instructions this year! Rant over.

Either did I but I have gotten extra break and lunchtime supervision to make up for shortfall in my 22 hours. I still have my separate break and lunchtime supervision from the S and S too. Just wondering if it's allowed or not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

fade out wrote: »
    Either did I but I have gotten extra break and lunchtime supervision to make up for shortfall in my 22 hours. I still have my separate break and lunchtime supervision from the S and S too. Just wondering if it's allowed or not ?

Is this where you have a 22 hour contract and they simply don't have the teaching hours to fill your timetable? Not your problem. S&S is not part of your teaching contract.

• Advertisement

Our rota hasn't gone up in the staffroom yet. It's ridiculous. People being used for S&S in a free for all fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,144 ✭✭✭✭km79

fade out wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can be timetabled to do supervision as part of your 22 hours?

absolutely not would be my guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Our rota hasn't gone up in the staffroom yet. It's ridiculous. People being used for S&S in a free for all fashion.

we have access to view the rota system online in our school , so its all above board.

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    we have access to view the rota system online in our school , so its all above board.

Well last year it was on our staffroom wall from the day we came back so everyone knew their slots and knew who else could be on the same slot.

Advertisement