Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Provider Leitrim

Options
  • 13-03-2015 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

We've just moved into a house in South Leitrim. We checked around for the best broadband providers and it appears that either Sky or Vodafone are the main ones.

However, I was advised I had to ring Eircom to ensure the phone line was activated (it wasn't!) and I would have to pay €121 to get a technician out to activate the line. I was also told that if I went with Eircom this would be free.

It appears from the Eircom website that you cannot get broadband on its own without phone and this is substantially more costly than the other providers. Does anyone know if this is true??

My parents have Eircom broadband in Dublin and the download speed is atrocious. Has anyone any experience of it in our geographic area??

Many thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

All of the fixed line providers will give you the same speed.

The two factors the primarily dictate speed are A, distance from you to the exchange and B, if the exchange is modern or not.

Eircom and Vodafone will both activate the line for you, sky seem to have a problem with non unique rural addresses so they may not. Get started on it now as it may take several weeks until the broadband gets activated.

Advertisement