Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PANASONICVIERA TX-50A300B 50" LED TV - 449€

Options
  • 13-03-2015 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

For those looking for a cheap alternative 50" TV Currys have the PANASONICVIERA TX-50A300B 50" LED TV for 449€ at the moment.

Looking at the reviews online it seems like a decent enough deal, although the sound probably lets it down.

Sorry can't post the link, don't have enough posts.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

The picture is pretty good but I've seen better for SD (might be better with tweaking).
    The sound is horrible, like it's coming out of a tin can. If you have a soundbar or other decent sound system it might do you - only co-ax output, no optical

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Mentioned on reevoo that it's a rebadged vestel. Stunned there's no optical audio!?!?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ablelocks

While it's an attractive price, it's not a Panasonic - it's a rebadged Vestrel and the quality of the panel is relatively poor. (info from the Curry's sales guy and panasonic store). For that price it'll do the job but if you can spend about 100-150 more there are much better TV's out there.

I'd say there will be St. Patricks day offers this weekend as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Is it Smart ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭maconof

No it's not smart at all.

Was tempted but seems like the sound quality and overall build quality might put me off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

Think I looked at this before in the shop a couple of weeks ago .

Seems to have a real refresh of 50mhz and only 2 hdmi :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Sad to see Panasonic going down this road, was such a premium brand in the past.

Also its getting more & more difficult for the average punter to pick out a quality product without spending hours online comparing the good from the bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

bmm wrote: »
    Sad to see Panasonic going down this road, was such a premium brand in the past.

Also its getting more & more difficult for the average punter to pick out a quality product without spending hours online comparing the good from the bad.
    its sad but they have had serious losses with plasma sales not preforming especially from GT & VT ranges...now their plasma range is being depleted more or less to just a handful. perception and marketing is killing the premium brands...Customers want LED as its marketed as being better:rolleyes:..and they want it big and cheap. I have yet to see an LED out preform my GT30 and GT50...From what i have seen Sony's W9 came close but still horrible for motion and true color clarity

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ablelocks

bmm wrote: »

panasonic won't be doing another cheap range according to the panasonic store - it was an experiment that they tried but won't be repeating.

I ended up spending a bit more and got the samsung 48h6400 - decent review at a decent price with DID (discount from Axaplus helped!)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tink2

What would you think of this model €489 in DID ?

Panasonic 42" Smart Full HD LED TV
    TX-42AS600B

In Stock Online

Add to Compare
    RRP: €649.99
    €489.99
    included in this price is a contribution to recycling costs of €5

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

its sad but they have had serious losses with plasma sales not preforming especially from GT & VT ranges...now their plasma range is being depleted more or less to just a handful. perception and marketing is killing the premium brands...Customers want LED as its marketed as being better..and they want it big and cheap. I have yet to see an LED out preform my GT30 and GT50...From what i have seen Sony's W9 came close but still horrible for motion and true color clarity

Their plasma TV's are fantastic and it is an awful shame that the plasma is seemingly coming to an end. I've a 6 (could be 7) year old Panasonic 1080p 42" plasma that, to me, still looks better than many of the higher end LED TV's out there at the moment.

My TV says its maximum power usage is 470 watts, so I guess that's not eco enough for today...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

byte wrote: »
    Their plasma TV's are fantastic and it is an awful shame that the plasma is seemingly coming to an end. I've a 6 (could be 7) year old Panasonic 1080p 42" plasma that, to me, still looks better than many of the higher end LED TV's out there at the moment.

My TV says its maximum power usage is 470 watts, so I guess that's not eco enough for today...

It's a load of marketing bull...it boils down to 3 things...sales, marketing bull and production costs.the cost of producing a plasma set is outrageously high compared to any LED panel even high end ones. When the likes of sony stopped producing plasma and went for lcd and led sets backed with their marketing strategy they repped the benefits. The likes of Pioneer and panasonic hit massive losses when sales dropped...plasma will deliver the best picture hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭maconof

Just an update to this, I was stuck for a tv for the weekend (matches etc) so used that as my excuse to buy the 50". I must say the sound quality is mediocre but the picture quality is excellent, no blur to be seen. PS4 gameplay is beautiful on it but the longevity of the tv itself is obviously yet to be seen.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

I've a 470 watt Panasonic plasma 42 and the picture quality is amazing, after 7 years of daily use sometimes for 18 hours a day, sound is very good also.. The sets that came out around then are all built by pioneer engineers, as the kuro range was dropped by pioneer and they all moved to panasonic, so they are a very very good range of TVs. They are going cheap on adverts when they come up for sale so grab one if you can.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

JJJJNR wrote: »
    I've a 470 watt Panasonic plasma 42 and the picture quality is amazing, after 7 years of daily use sometimes for 18 hours a day, sound is very good also.. The sets that came out around then are all built by pioneer engineers, as the kuro range was dropped by pioneer and they all moved to panasonic, so they are a very very good range of TVs. They are going cheap on adverts when they come up for sale so grab one if you can.
    Yours is hardly a TH-42PY70, is it? Great damn telly! Just realised it's a bit higher than 470, it's 486W max.

Erm, anyway, back on topic....

The TV in the OP seems an OK price for a Vestel, just don't be thinking you're actually getting a Panasonic, it might as well say Walker or Nordmende, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

I've a TXP 42-G10 and it's an awesome plasma but like had been said, a bit power hungry. It's about 7 years old now and u dread the day it dies as a second Panasonic I bought for the kitchen, an LCD, sucks.

You can keep your 55" LCD and I'm happy with my 42" panny.

Advertisement