Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HP Slate 7 Extreme on Ibood

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭TinCanMan

Would sky go work on this device? That would have a big influence on purchasing it for me. Also what is the battery life like and what is the charge time. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Forgive my ignorance but how does this device compare to a Nexus or Samsung Tab?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

TinCanMan wrote: »
    Would sky go work on this device? That would have a big influence on purchasing it for me. Also what is the battery life like and what is the charge time. Thanks.

Yes, will work with sky go

Battery is 4100mAh, so depending on usage, 5-10 hours, at a wild guess

• Registered Users Posts: 34 onlinemonkey

A review on android police says it pretty good can't post the link yet but search for a review of this device on google

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

SPECS:

Brand: HP
    Type: Slate 7 Extreme
    Warranty: 2 years

Rapid Quad-Core Processor

NVIDIA Tegra chip for video processing
    Front-Firing Speakers
    Processor speed: 1.8 GHz
    Storage: 16GB eMMC - Expandable with microSD cards of up to 32GB
    RAM: 1 GB DDR3 SDRAM
    Display: 7 "HD multi-touch screen (1280 x 800)
    Cam Front: 0.3MP VGA fixed focus
    Rear Camera: 5 MP Auto Focus instant HDR
    Wireless: 802.11 b / g / n, Mira Cast compatible
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth 3.0Connections:
    Micro USB 2.0
    3.5mm headphone jack
    Micro HDMI with Ultra HD 4K supportSensors:
    Accelerometer
    GPS
    Ambient light sensor
    e-Compass
    Gyro
    Hall-effect sensorAudio:
    NVIDIA's Pure Audio ™
    Front facing stereo speakers with a unique bass reflex portBattery: 4100mAh lithium-polymer batteryIn the box:
    HP Slate 7 Extreme
    10W AC charger
    Micro USB cable
    Quick Start Guide
    2mm-tip Passive Stylus
    http://www.gsmarena.com/hp_slate7_extreme-5883.php
    Quad-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Its been updated to kitkat I believe. Does this get sent from the Netherlands or China does anyone know? Spec is getting pretty old as of now, any better value to be had out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

For 80 euro, its the best android tablet you'll get. You might be able to get a linx windows tablet for about this price, good browsing experience but poor app support.

For about 100 quid you could get a bay trail android tablet from argos (acer one), but i dont know if would be hugely better than this.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

1GB of RAM is quite limited, especially given the EXTREME tagline...

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

Everything I have bought from ibood has come from NL, so expect a fairly large plug including international adapter,

Also, this is not €80, it is €92.50 because you have to pay the postage, there is no other option (unless you buy multiple)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

1GB of RAM is quite limited, especially given the EXTREME tagline...

Well, if you can find a tablet with 2gb for less than 150 euro you would be doing well.

• Advertisement

http://www.tesco.com/direct/hudl/

Still seems best value for money. Works out around €180 due to the awful exchange rate at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance but how does this device compare to a Nexus or Samsung Tab?

I have a slate 7 running windows 8, the slate is poor in comparison to the nexus 7 which is what you would expect

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

RossieMan wrote: »
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/hudl/

Still seems best value for money. Works out around €180 due to the awful exchange rate at present.
    That's almost twice the price of the HP.

The Ibood deal today looks like excellent value. 1ghz of ram is plenty for 95% of applications and the build quality the sound and the screen should all be decent which is all you really want from a budget tablet

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Here is a comparison between the Nexus (2013 model) and the Slate7 Extreme

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5883&idPhone2=5600

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

The Nexus 2013 is definitely the superior device, but it's not in the same price bracket.
    Is there anywhere the 2013 nexus is available for anywhere approaching 92 euros delivered?

Akrasia wrote: »
    The Nexus 2013 is definitely the superior device, but it's not in the same price bracket.
    Is there anywhere the 2013 nexus is available for anywhere approaching 92 euros delivered?

Agreed, I had one of these and it's a cracking device. I have been trying to get a replacement since so that's why I snapped this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

The HDMI port is a big win on this for me, hook it up to a TV and away you go

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

Broke my chinese tablet (power input)so reckoned it would cost at least €40-50
    and spotted the Ibood offer.Took a chance as i have used them before with no problems,fingers crossed!

naughtb4 wrote: »
    The HDMI port is a big win on this for me, hook it up to a TV and away you go

Not only that ,it claims to be 4k compatible which was def a plus ,hope to get 4k tv within the next 6-12 mths.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

HP Stream 7 seems to be similar spec - €99 from Microsoft store. Just sayin .... don't have any experience of either!

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea/en_IE/pdp/HP-Stream-7-Signature-Edition-Tablet/productID.308686500?WT.mc_id=PromoEmail_Intl_IE_HPStream_3-11-15_Hero_BuyNow

• Advertisement

I don't know how you a think they are similar. Other than being a tablet and HP. They gave nothing in common.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Furzy wrote: »
    HP Stream 7 seems to be similar spec - €99 from Microsoft store. Just sayin .... don't have any experience of either!

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea/en_IE/pdp/HP-Stream-7-Signature-Edition-Tablet/productID.308686500?WT.mc_id=PromoEmail_Intl_IE_HPStream_3-11-15_Hero_BuyNow

Looks like a good deal esp with office 365, does the one in the op also come with office?

The one in the OP is android.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

RossieMan wrote: »
    The one in the OP is android.

So that's a no then?
    Office is available on android just wasn't sure if it was included with the tablet.

Furzy wrote: »

Thats a nice tablet too but it has Windows 8.1 and Intel graphics,the slate is android ,Nvidia graphics .Different strokes for different folks

wilser wrote: »
    So that's a no then?
    Office is available on android just wasn't sure if it was included with the tablet.

There is a free version of a Quick Office or something like that on the tablet if I remember correctly

There is a free version of a Quick Office or something like that on the tablet if I remember correctly

There's loads of free apps like Open office etc.,bound to find something that suits.
    EDIT:if you are looking for Apache Open office for Android its called AndrOpen office.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

wilser wrote: »
    Looks like a good deal esp with office 365, does the one in the op also come with office?

I have that one, its nice for a 100 quid but it's got plenty of niggles too

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Ordered the Windows HP Stream 7 Signature from Microsoft store UK today through Paypal, got payment confirmation and it allows you to put in an Irish delivery address (not sure if they will cancel or not, but <€70 for it inc Office 365 might be worth a shot for some.)

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hp-stream-7-tablet-voucher-for-49-99-with-code-microsoft-store-2170703

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

What did you use as a postcode? Won't let me use EIRE

Advertisement