Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic Risco sensor question

Options
  • 12-03-2015 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭

Hi,

i have a number of Risco Wireless Shock and Contact Detector RWT62. All documentation says to line up the magnet with a mark on the right of the sensor. My questions:
    - If I need to put the reed magnet to the left due to the window frame style can i turn the sensor upside down or will this stop the shock sensor working.
    - My window frames are quite deep. Is it likely to have much impact on performance of the shock sensor if I mount the sensor on the diagonal of the frame to allow the reed remain close enough to the sensor. If i mount it flat on the frame then the magnet would be about an inch behind the sensor unit.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭altor

AlanG wrote: »
    Hi,

i have a number of Risco Wireless Shock and Contact Detector RWT62. All documentation says to line up the magnet with a mark on the right of the sensor. My questions:
    - If I need to put the reed magnet to the left due to the window frame style can i turn the sensor upside down or will this stop the shock sensor working.
    - My window frames are quite deep. Is it likely to have much impact on performance of the shock sensor if I mount the sensor on the diagonal of the frame to allow the reed remain close enough to the sensor. If i mount it flat on the frame then the magnet would be about an inch behind the sensor unit.

Thanks

Bigger magnets can be added if you feel there is an issue with distance.
    The only problem with not having theses sensors straight up is the Ariel will be facing sideways. This can decrease the signal strength to the control panel. I would do a signal test before fitting to the frame.

Advertisement