Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Actually only ever read Small Gods.

But he seemed like a great guy. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭invalid

A huge loss.

RIP

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

He will be sadly missed, RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Only read the one of his, The Hogfather, but really enjoyed it.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hildred

Such a loss to all fans of Ahnk Morpork, Sam Vimes, the weird goings on of the postal as well as this gentleman's wonderful sense of the ridiculous and his uncanny ability to draw his waders in to his wonderful, wacky stories. I for one will greatly miss Sir Terry Pratchett's wonderful works.
    May you enjoy enernity continuing to concoct your enchanting stories and entertaining your fellow eternitées. You have left us for those eternal shores much too soon. Write on Sir Terry and Godspeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I think his books where the only ones I read during my teens. I bought the comics, Soul Music & Wyrd Sisters videos, I got the DW soundtrack, which I never liked. I bought the maps, guides, video games. I've still got a lot of the audiobooks. I found it very hard to resist buying any if Pratchetts stuff.

I guess I need to go revisit them.

May he RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Been reading his books for over 20 years, the man was a legend, RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Read a good few of his books. The thing thats sticks in my head all these years after reading: a giant cross bow named "the peacemaker".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

fizzypish wrote: »
    Read a good few of his books. The thing thats sticks in my head all these years after reading: a giant cross bow named "the peacemaker".

"the Peacemaker" was the nickname given to the Colt 45(?) revolver in the old west.

Sgt Detritus's giant crossbow was called "the Piecemaker" because that's what it does...

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Lol. Thats even better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement