Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disassemble Home Bar

Options
  • 12-03-2015 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

I've have a home bar which is too big to get upstairs. It is an L-shaped bar with the narrow part too wide.
    It goes in two L sections - top and bottom. I'd like to disassemble further so that I can fit it up the stairs.

I'm wondering what my best options are? I reckon a rubber mallet may knock out a few bits which may be easy enough to nail/screw/glue back together.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated before I plough ahead and possibly make a mess of things.

Attached a couple of pictures below

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Hard to tell, pictures are way too big! IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

Photo every bit of it then number it all put on masking tape to wright on. Start with top and only take apart what you need to take apart. Ya rubber mallet would do looks to be held together with nails and glue. Make sure to clean all the old glue of the joints or the new glue wont work

• Registered Users Posts: 12,238 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    +1

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭dendof

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    +1

Sorry, hopefully image size better now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

I wouldn't like your job of splitting it and putting it back together. There's no way of taking a pane of glass out upstairs and getting it lifted up that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Get a chippy in not a DIY project it will save you time honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭jack of all

I'd agree with the others- this doesn't look like it'll be taken apart too easily and if you do manage to take it apart cleanly you, will certainly need some clamps, an extra pair of hands and some skill to get it back together neatly, I would guess.

Advertisement