Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queries regarding starting a forum in Ireland

Options
  • 12-03-2015 7:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of creating a Non Profit forum for a specifc section of people here in Ireland.

But would like to clarify few doubts before this.

1. Which domain is the best .com or .ie - I am qualified to start a .ie domain.

2. Which is the best country to host the forum to avoid legal, privacy, data retention laws related issues. If it is .ie domain is it mandatory to host the forum on an Irish server itself?

3. Do I need to get legal insurance cover either in case if I own the site myself or is it better to start a company and setup the forum based on that company in case any legal issues arise in future?

4. Which forum software is the best as I would like each topic to be moderated by admin or moderators?

5. If any one post any illegal stuff in the forum would the site owner / site admin be responsible for that?

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,697 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Why not just use a hosted forum on board.ie? Got to be cheaper and less work ...

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Virtual

If you register as a non profit you should have no problems getting a .ie but you should be able to get it anyway.

You don't have to host a .ie on irish server.

You should put a disclaimer on the website and take down any illegal content.

I would use an open source forum myself.

Advertisement