Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you return an item as faulty if the brand name came off?

Options
  • 12-03-2015 12:23am
    Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

Its a branded product, happy with its functions, but not happy the brand name/ logo has come off, only about two weeks old.
    It gives the product some character.... Would you return it over this?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

In most cases no, well pretty much all cases....I can't think of an example where this happening would be enough to justify a return, unless it was an indicator of some other sort of flimsiness?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Depends on how much of a factor the badge was in buying it.
    If i thought the replacement wouldn't do the same thing I'd probably get an exchange.

If there was an alternative for similar money I'd probably get that instead.

Seems a bit shonky for a badge to cone off so quickly, would make you question the overall quality.

What sort of product are we talking though?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

If it's a minor defect then you have no legal entitlement under consumer law unless it's covered by a guarantee. Imo it would depend on the product, for example the logo would be unimportant to a TV set but could be of significant importance to a fashion item where the brand logo is a prominent feature.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

It might even be viewed as a plus by some people.
    My car was debadged professionally, and a lot of our IT gear at home is debadged. My goods are safer- because other people don't automatically recognise what they are. I also get a discount on my car and home insurance (from Axa- I had to submit photographs along with proper valuations- which is fair enough- they don't expect the levels of IT equipment we have in your average home.......)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It is something that can be reattached easily (i.e. with some superglue)? Or is it more serious? It would also make you wonder about the quality of the rest of the item.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

if the brand name was an intral part of the product, then you have reaosn for return.

example would be Converse - if the patch with the star and logo came away, then an integral part of the look of the shoe is gone and a replacement would be warranted.

Advertisement