Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temp Summer Employment.

Options
  • 11-03-2015 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hello.
    I'm a Biomedical Engineering student in CIT and would like to secure some relevant work for the summer months. I have previous experience from last summer as a line opeeator at Abbott Vascular in Clonmel. I am a first class honours level 7 student in the final year of my course. I would be willing to move to wherever the work is, this would help me save funds for next year in college. Anybody with any suggestions?
    Regards
    Micheal

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

OpenHydro in Louth are advertising for an Engineering Intern at the moment.

I don't know if it's paid or not but no harm in giving them a bell.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

CatFromHue wrote: »
    OpenHydro in Louth are advertising for an Engineering Intern at the moment.

I don't know if it's paid or not but no harm in giving them a bell.

No biomed roles available there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Google bio medical firms and apply. I would say your prospects of getting a job that will allow you to pay for college next year will be unlikely

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

2011 wrote: »
    No biomed roles available there.

No, but it would be a good work experience anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭michealkc

CatFromHue wrote: »
    No, but it would be a good work experience anyway.

Thanks CatFromHue. I will apply to them anyway and see of anything comes of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭michealkc

Ok people. I am still looking for an intern engineer role for the summer months. Anymore suggestions. I am effectively graduating with a Biomedical Engineering level 7 degree in May.Maybe I need to cast a wider net and apply for any job?
    Regards
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

I'd apply for anything you see, but make sure you can demonstrate that you'll be a useful addition to the company. From your Abbott experience you might have a 'found problem, came up with solution, fixed problem' story that shows you know how to engineer. Doesn't have to be major, just something that demonstrates the right mindset.

Advertisement