Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

ram overclock

• 11-03-2015 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have an asus rocks 990fx Extreme 9 motherboard with an AMD 1035t processor. (FX8350 on the way)

I recently bought 1866mhz ram but it seems to be stuck running at 1333mhz.
    this is the ram i bought -

16GB (2 x 8GB) Vengeance Pro Black DDR3 1866MHz CL9

What do I need to do to safely get my ram to run at 1866mhz?

Ive attached a screenshot of CPU-z details.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Awkward Customer

I believe this is a limitation of your motherboard. If I'm correct AM3+ doesn't officially support anything over 1600 Mhz.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

If you overclock the HTT and reduce the multiplier on the CPU, the RAM should be running faster. You'd want to keep an eye on stability when doing this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Redman84

Can anyone tell me how to increase my dedicated video memory on a gtx 570 or can it be done?

Nope. You would need a new card. It is possible to overclock to make it a bit faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Redman84

Thanks monotype, any suggestions for me, want to run gta v on max settings

• Advertisement

Take a look at this post and scroll down to the part about GPU overclocking. It goes over the basics of what you need.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76499848&postcount=1

Advertisement