Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS3 and Controller repair (Dublin)

Options
  • 11-03-2015 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Mate of mine not on Boards asked me to post this.

Basically the ps3 got knocked over and the disc is stuck and the system won't turn on. I don't have much more info than that as it's not my system.

Seperartly the d-pad on my controller is broken. I've seen Youtube videos of how to fix this but know I wouldn't be able for it myself (no tools and a lack of basic cop on :o).

So where in Dublin would do this?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Moved as per user's request!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭steve_r

Folks, I might just give this a little bump if that's ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Absolutely fine. I can disassemble your PS3 and remove the stuck disc if you like, but I wouldn't be able to repair any damage (such as a broken laser) or broken components if that is what's wrong with it. I'm going to be honest with you, desoldering the thumbstick component on controllers is a pain in the hole. I did the job on two of my own 360 pads and I'll not do it again if I can possibly help it, it was a labour of love.

For the PS3 controller I'd recommend just getting a new one - the labour involved isn't worth it. For the console you could try a crowd out in Bray (Console Repairs Ireland) or GSM Solutions on Capel Street though I've not had anything repaired by either so I can't vouch for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭steve_r

Absolutely fine. I can disassemble your PS3 and remove the stuck disc if you like, but I wouldn't be able to repair any damage (such as a broken laser) or broken components if that is what's wrong with it. I'm going to be honest with you, desoldering the thumbstick component on controllers is a pain in the hole. I did the job on two of my own 360 pads and I'll not do it again if I can possibly help it, it was a labour of love.

For the PS3 controller I'd recommend just getting a new one - the labour involved isn't worth it. For the console you could try a crowd out in Bray (Console Repairs Ireland) or GSM Solutions on Capel Street though I've not had anything repaired by either so I can't vouch for them.

Thanks very much. I've passed on that info. Hopefully the console just has a stuck disk, and nothing further is wrong.

Will just give up on the controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Just as a quick update there's a spot on Aungier Street (Fixmypc.ie) that are offering repairs to consoles. Again, just saw the shop front on a rare bus journey into town so I can't vouch for them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement