Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any conversion courses that could help me go from BA applied social care level 7 to t

Options
  • 11-03-2015 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have a ordinary BA in applied social care, I am now wondering what would be the best path or quickest way to achieve a teaching degree? Or does anybody know somebody that has got a degree in social care and is teaching?
    Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

What do you want to teach and level etc..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'll move this to Teaching and Lecturing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

I have a ordinary BA in applied social care, I am now wondering what would be the best path or quickest way to achieve a teaching degree? Or does anybody know somebody that has got a degree in social care and is teaching?
    Thanks in advance..

Hi Clara Marie, another poster was asking the same question, so this is just a copy and paste. However, you will need a level 8 Honours degree for teaching and there is no quick way to achieve a teaching degree as the dip has now been changed to a two year master programme.

Firstly, you will have to check if your degree is recognised by the Teaching Council of Ireland http://www.teachingcouncil.ie/teache...eland.475.html

If it is recognised then you can apply for the next cohort of the PME - application usually November/December. If not, the Teaching Council will assess your qualifications for e200 and tell you what you need to become registered. I would recommend that you do this first, as you don't want to do the PME only to realise that you are not registered to teach anything.

Hope this info helps, best of luck.

Advertisement