Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hacketts Bookmakers

Options
  • 11-03-2015 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Anyone know what the story is with Hacketts for a non runner?

Do I get a refund or does it go onto the favourite?

Had Champagne Fever backed in the shop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

kfrp wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with Hacketts for a non runner?

Do I get a refund or does it go onto the favourite?

Had Champagne Fever backed in the shop.

I'd be surprised if they're doing anything. Was in there yesterday (next door to the Sub in Crumlin) and there was one other punter there with me. Powers down the road on the other hand was wedged. Bloody mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

dodzy wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if they're doing anything. Was in there yesterday (next door to the Sub in Crumlin) and there was one other punter there with me. Powers down the road on the other hand was wedged. Bloody mad.

Its the closest bookies to my work which is why I use it.

I wonder if i've lost my stake though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

You get your money back on a non runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

dodzy wrote: »

Independent bookmakers' days are numbered. Unless they've got a proper online setup, they're not going to last long. Cashmans is proof of this. Also, Paddy Power are giving plenty of money back offers during the week. That's what gets the punters flocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Independent bookmakers' days are numbered. Unless they've got a proper online setup, they're not going to last long. Cashmans is proof of this. Also, Paddy Power are giving plenty of money back offers during the week. That's what gets the punters flocking.

Aren't Hacketts part of Betpack? so have at least an online present. Unlike Celtic Bookmakers who went down. Still some pretty some chain independents out there that must be hanging on by a thread. The big money is all online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Aren't Hacketts part of Betpack? so have at least an online present. Unlike Celtic Bookmakers who went down. Still some pretty some chain independents out there that must be hanging on by a thread. The big money is all online.

BetPack is too arcane. It wouldn't occur to me to check BetPack prices when you've probably got better offers from Power, Boyle and Ladbrokes.

Advertisement