Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Development query

Options
  • 11-03-2015 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭

hey guys. I live on a terrace, we have access to the rear via a laneway, the house that borders onto this laneway would like to build a house to the rear (which is fine, great actually) the gardens are massively long and most are kips... The laneway is closed at the other end (the former owner took the land, blocked it up, she died a few months back) This house has recently been purchased by a young couple, who renovate the house (I am sure they would be in favour of developing or selling off the plot with PP, if we can get it).

I know a few of the current residents would like to build to the rear, after years of waiting, we may have gotten to the stage where we can do this. The house that is being proposed, in my opinion, doesnt leave enough room for a single lane road, footpath, parking etc, if other residents are to develop to the rear of their houses (I would like to discuss this with the council). The current lane width is 4.81m... They could solve this issue by simply moving the house closer to the current one by a metre or two IMO...

If nobody lodges an objection, but simply makes an observation, would the current plans be deemed ok and legally we couldnt do anything about it in this case?

Advertisement