Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish mature student looking to study in the uk

Options
  • 11-03-2015 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

hi guys/gals hope all is wellsmile.png...just a few things im considering if it's possible at all(just a thought) i wish to study in London but firstly

would i be able to apply as a mature student to a college there with out having a permanent UK address(planning to move over to study abroad for the experience/opportunities)

would i be entitled to a grant/maintenance fee even tho im Irish/EU student??

would really appreciate any help/info on this thank you very muchsmile.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/overview

Yes, you are an EU Citizen ^^ Check out that link for info

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ioc

it says i can't get an maintenance loan for the living costs??? do i read this right :(

Maintenance Loan for living costs

You must be a full-time UK student. Part-time students, EU students and students aged 60 and over can’t apply.

You may have to give details of your household income.

The loan is paid directly into your bank account at the start of term. You have to pay the loan back.

Maintenance Grant for living costs

You must be a full-time UK student. Part-time and EU students can’t apply.

You have to give details about your household income and your course start date.

The grant is paid into your bank account at the start of term. You don’t have to pay it back, but any funds you get will reduce 
the Maintenance Loan you can get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Yes you're reading it right - the UK system generally will only provide a tuition fee loan to non-UK students.

You can apply for the maintenance grant at home as that covers EU study - visit studentfinance.ie for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ioc

cheers pow wow :)...susi are a nightmare tho most of the regulations they have are absolutely ridiculous :(

Advertisement