Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview Questions

Options
  • 11-03-2015 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I have been asked to be part of the interview panel to hire my replacement when I go on maternity leave. I've been asked to prepare three or four questions based on the curriculum for the interview. My subjects are maths, business and accounting. I haven't a clue what to ask! Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Maybe what do they consider to be the most challenging part of the new maths course? (Is that too predictable?)
    If there's a topic in any subject that students generally struggle to grasp maybe ask what specific methodologies the teacher would implement to enhance students' understanding of this topic?
    What's their favourite/least favourite part of each curriculum?
    What did they think of last year's paper?
    What do they see as the key priorities for the subject in the next five years? / going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ustazjoseph

Something precise regarding an aspect of the course. How would you introduce x topic to third yrs ?
    I really like scenario questions! you have quiet pleasant co perative student who hands up short hastily completed pieces of homework " how do you deal ? or whatever .

Advertisement