Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling a Crashed Car

Options
  • 10-03-2015 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any advice for me.

I recently crashed my car, one that I was looking to upgrade anyway. Due to not wanting to have the claim on my policy I would be paying for repairs myself, so I don't see the point in paying for the car to be fixed, to then trade it in.

I am looking to sell it to a company that will fix it up and get it back on the road, does anyone know of any of these companies?

I know if it is an economical write off the insurance company will do it for you, and give you the current market value of the car, but again I don't want the ins co to pay out on my behalf at all.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will stick it up on donedeal, adverts etc but I was hopping to get rid of it quickly.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

What is the make, model, year and colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭eirbear1989

It is a Renault Clio III Monaco V16, Black, 2008

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My advice would be to get a quote from a few crash repair shops on how much it will cost to put right. Also mention that you are paying it out of your own pocket rather than going through your insurance as prices can get exaggerated once insurance are covering the cost. Then decide if it's worth getting it repaired before selling it. As it is right now you will get very little for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I presume you were the only person involved in the incident and no third party? Even if you damaged a wall, signage etc? Might get tricky if so. If not, like was said, price a repair and verse that off what you are going to get 'as is'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

advertise it on donedeal under the damaged repairable section and it will sell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Do you plan to fix it and not tell the buyer it was crashed, as well as not telling your insursnce company you were not involved in a crash?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

goz83 wrote: »
    Do you plan to fix it and not tell the buyer it was crashed, as well as not telling your insursnce company you were not involved in a crash?

He said he is trying to sell it crashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Weigh up how much your insurance might actually go up for the next few years vs how much you'd have to pay in one go to get the car fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭macscoob

I buy crashed cars. Most of the time I sell parts off it and then crush the body. If your interested I can pm you a quote?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Alucan

advertise it on donedeal under the damaged repairable section and it will sell

Do this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 lil_stevie

Sorry for hijacking .

Macscoob - I am in a similar spot - I have a Passat 1999 , V 20 petrol , Its got a big old hole in the oil pan and is not worth fixing , can you PM me if you interested in taking it ?

Car runs fine when there is oil in - I was driving up to about a month ago when I hit a speed bump too hard and cracked it ...

I am based North county dublin .

steve

• Registered Users Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

lil_stevie wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking .

Macscoob - I am in a similar spot - I have a Passat 1999 , V 20 petrol , Its got a big old hole in the oil pan and is not worth fixing , can you PM me if you interested in taking it ?

Car runs fine when there is oil in - I was driving up to about a month ago when I hit a speed bump too hard and cracked it ...

I am based North county dublin .

steve

What engine code is the passat?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lil_stevie

No idea - how do I check that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭macscoob

lil_steve just pm you. Cheers

Advertisement