Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast Motion (time lapse) Video

Options
  • 10-03-2015 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone on here can help me, I have about 20-30 time lapse videos that I would like to join together and then further speed up that video to make a total video length of about 4-5 mins (At the moment, there's probably over 30 mins of time lapse video.) What software do I need to achieve this? Is there any cheap or free software that can do this? or am I going to have to shell out a load of cash and get some pro software. I'm on a Mac by the way. Anybody got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

The free trial version of Adobe Premiere should work - I have the older version and it does this.

Also - as you are on a mac does iMovie not do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭OU812

imovie will do this out of the box. Also slows down.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Red Hare wrote: »
    The free trial version of Adobe Premiere should work - I have the older version and it does this.

Also - as you are on a mac does iMovie not do this?

I don't have iMovie, I bought my mac as a display model for cheap and they couldn't give me the software with it because it would break the copyright law as it was regestered to their company. Will the trial version of premiere let me export it/save it? usually this's disabled in trial versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

Dramatik wrote: »
    Will the trial version of premiere let me export it/save it? usually this's disabled in trial versions.

Tbh I dont know - its been a good few years since I used the trial version but as i remember it did allow me to save and render it back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭OU812

iMovie is €14.99 on the App Store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Cheers, I'll have a look thanks.

Advertisement