Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small question on eviciton

Options
  • 10-03-2015 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello all,

So a friend of mine has been late with rent a few times before and now
    he is recently unemployed so again he has missed his rent by a week or two.

Now I know the landlord can kick him out for missing his payment again but said
    landlord is also threatening to kick out the other three tenants who have payed
    their every week on time and not once late.

I was just hoping for some solid information on whether or not he can actually remove
    all four for them for the one person being late.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

It will depend on who the contract is with (assuming there is a contract).

If there are 4 individual contracts with with 4 individuals then whether your friend is late or not shouldn't impact the other 3. But if there's one contract between 4 people on one side and the landlord on the other (which I think is more normal) then one person being late makes them all late. From the landlords perspective s/he is expecting (say) €1,500 on the 1st of the month. If 3 of them pay their €375 on schedule and the 4th doesn't then the landlord hasn't received the €1,500 when it was due.

z

Advertisement