Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sam Simon has passed away.

Options
  • 10-03-2015 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭

Didn't see a thread about this already, but the co-creator of the Simpson's passed away yesterday.

I doubt there's many posters that haven't watched the Simpson's at least once in their lives.

May he rest in peace.
    The Simpsons co-creator Sam Simon has died.

The 59-year-old, who was an dedicated animal campaigner, passed away Sunday evening at his LA home following a long, difficult battle with colon cancer.

Sam was diagnosed in 2012 and spoke publicly about his terminal illness.
    http://m.independent.ie/world-news/americas/the-simpsons-cocreator-and-saviour-of-benjy-the-bull-sam-simon-dies-31053215.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

We all knew this was going to happen, was reported a fair while ago about his terminal cancer. Nonetheless it's very sad indeed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Also supported an Irish gay bull.
    A gay bull saved after a campaign backed by Simpsons co-creator Sam Simon appears to have found romance within minutes of arriving at his new home.

Benjy, from County Mayo, Ireland, was destined for the abattoir after showing more interest in breeding with other bulls than cows.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-norfolk-30413515

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

He'd have been a great dinner guest.

If he wasn't a vegan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

In his honour I'll pick up a pack of doughnuts, a six pack of beer and have a Simpsons marathon tonight beginning with my personal favourite Frank Grimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Depraved

Doh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Mint Aero wrote: »
    In his honour I'll pick up a pack of doughnuts, a six pack of beer and have a Simpsons marathon tonight beginning with my personal favourite Frank Grimes.

Old Grimey

Advertisement