Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add a Graphics card

Options
  • 09-03-2015 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭

My son as this computer,
    HP/Compaq - Stingray,
    Motherboard ASUS P4SD-LA,
    CPU 2.8 pentium 4,
    1.5 gig memory,
    on board graphics,
    i know its a old computer but can a graphics card be added to this to play games,(properly older games), been told i need a Agp card ??? any one know what card if poss i would need.
    thks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Most likely you need a new machine, even for older games that's a bit of a dinosaur of a computer.

What games is he wanting to play? If it is just older games (or say, something like Minecraft), About 100-150 euro should cover a second hand machine twice as fast as that one and graphics capability to play older titles decently.

If the definition of 'older' games is the last few years, you probably need an all new PC at a cost of a few hundred.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

i think were talking minecraft sort of stuff here, not the latest games,so seems like best route a second hand more upto date computer.

Advertisement