Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Henry the vacuum cleaner - any good?

Options
  • 09-03-2015 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I hope I'm posting this in the right section!

I was looking for customer reviews of the Henry/Henrietta vacuum cleaner, but I can't find any online. The Review function on the Argos website doesn't seem to be working (I'm clicking on the star ratings, but the reviews aren't showing). The only reviews I can find online are not consumer ones, they are from websites that are selling the vacuum cleaner.

So, I was wondering if anyone has ever used one, could they tell me the following:

*Does it have good suction? e.g. not having to go over the same piece of carpet several times to pick up the dirt)

*Is it very noisy? The one I'm using now is so loud you can hear it 10 houses away.

If anyone has any info, I'd be really grateful. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

My Henry is 10 yo. Suction is grand, noise level is good, you could be heard over it comfortably.
    The bags are abailable in argos which is handy.
    Body is solid and plain. The hose came away from the part that slots into the body a couple of years ago but i fixed it very simply with elevtricians tape. Good as new:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Not a consumer issue, moved to Home Appliances

It seems to be a well respected machine. I've seen them being used by quite a few professional cleaners and businesses so presumably they're fairly robust and reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sioux1977

Thanks guys! Goodness, where was the section for Home Appliances?! I still can't find it! It can be so difficult to find the right section for posting something here on boards.ie...I literally looked through every single section, including sub-sections, and it never came up.

I love this website, but it really is very hard to find even the most basic/broad topic...

Thanks for your help in moving my thread to the right section anyways, much appreciated :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Rec > Home & Garden > Home Appliances

We've had a Henry here since we moved in 7 years ago, very reliable machine. Bags are very easy to attain and cheap compared to some other brands. Spares like hose, etc are also easily available for Henry since it's been about so damn long!

If I had one gripe, it's just that it's bulky, but shouldn't be an issue for most.

Bang for buck, it's hard to beat the Henry, otherwise, spend more and buy a Miele C3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I have had Henrys for many years. Suction is very good and the noise level isn't bad. I do find it quite bulky in comparsion to other vacuums so you might want to plan where you can store it. The bags are easily got. There is a good long core on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Bought a fancy "Karcher" in Woodies about 7 years ago. Only lasted two years till circuit board failed .
    was passing a house renovation and noticed a Henry half buried in builders rubble, in a skip.
    went back after work and dragged it out. Cleaned it up at home, and it's been working fine ever since. That's five years ago, now.
    They seem to be built tuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The new ones aren't built to the same level as the original one.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The new ones aren't built to the same level as the original one.
    Would I be correct in thinking that the original ones were built for the commercial market as in hotels and like rather than the domestic market, so were expected to put in a lot more hours before "retiring".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

The one I have has a separate socket for 110 volt , so whether this is for commercial use with a transformer, or the US market, I don't know.

Sounds like a commercial unit for use on sites with 110v supply.

• Advertisement
Advertisement