Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drag Race in the sky !!!

Options
  • 09-03-2015 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

This is the most sensationalist piece of crap I have read for quite some time. Checked twice to see if this was a Daily Mail report, and it wasn't.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/watch-astonishing-moment-two-huge-5297830

From a quick search, the "journalist" who wrote it, Kara O'Neill, seems to have most of her stuff published in the "Weird News" section of the Mirror. Her job seems to be trawling Youtube, and then making a story from her opinion on stuff she finds there. She's outdone herself on this one.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Pfft, that's not a race. This is a race:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭St. Leibowitz

IRLConor wrote: »
    Pfft, that's not a race. This is a race:

:D

Yeah, but those planes don't have thousands of people on them like the ones in the Mirror clip. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

This is absolute insanity tbh, a toddler wouldn't fall for this trick and they're deadly serious here, they could have published this identical article on April 1st and it would have made a pretty good joke story for that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,168 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

"A B747 at 35,000 ft overtaking a B737 at 37000 ft over Bagdad [sic]."

FAA aviation safety rules state that planes should be at least 3.5 miles or 1000ft apart, particularly near airports.

so if they were 2000ft apart what is supposed to be the problem?

This is the most sensationalist piece of crap I have read for quite some time. Checked twice to see if this was a Daily Mail report, and it wasn't.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/watch-astonishing-moment-two-huge-5297830

From a quick search, the "journalist" who wrote it, Kara O'Neill, seems to have most of her stuff published in the "Weird News" section of the Mirror. Her job seems to be trawling Youtube, and then making a story from her opinion on stuff she finds there. She's outdone herself on this one.

Correct and all you have done is advertise their newspaper ;-) which is basically what these type of article are meant to do, draw people in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cppilot98

It's a cool video though. 'One of the rarest things you'll see' as the pilot shooting the video says.

As for the so called journalist writing the non story. Well I'm afraid she's all to typical of the current breed. They either make it up or rely on social media for stories. For heavens sake I was quoted once in The Observer when I posted something on PPruNe. Ok it was a good observation..........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Storm 10

It's obvious that she does not fly much as she would see aircraft above, below and all around in busy air space

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Also note that the clip is 3 years old.
    Definitely a social media trawler to justify her 'journalist' position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

"The planes were just a couple of thousand METRES apart".

Eh, no...FEET! This has to be the worst gutter journalism I've ever read. How an editor can stand by that piece baffles me. It really does show that journalism has moved on to be more about advertising and nothing about pride in standards anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

Shocking transcript of an announcement made by the captain as passengers feared for there lives

• Advertisement
Advertisement