Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for Irish tattoos

Options
  • 09-03-2015 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Looking for an idea for a new tattoo, and realised I'd like something that's 'Irish' in some way.

I emigrated from Ireland years ago, and rarely have a need to return these days, but still feel a connection, so would like something related for my new tattoo.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas / suggestions / any of their own?

Nothing too big. The most obvious of a shamrock is a bit too obvious I think, and I don't think I want quotes because there's something else I potentially have in mind for future tattoo that would be a quote (not Irish related) but would still appreciate any ideas at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

A claddagh ring around the stalk of a shamrock that's being carried by leprechaun. :pac:

Hard one to do without being massively cliche. Maybe the coat of arms for whatever county you're from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Lol a little cliched is ok, but that would definitely me massively so :D

Coat of arms definitely wouldn't feel right in that case. Don't have a great relationship with home, family etc... so a coat or arms of my county wouldn't feel like a positive thing.

It is more about 'Being Irish' rather than being from a specific place if that makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭LucidLife

Zippie84 wrote: »
    Looking for an idea for a new tattoo, and realised I'd like something that's 'Irish' in some way.

I emigrated from Ireland years ago, and rarely have a need to return these days, but still feel a connection, so would like something related for my new tattoo.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas / suggestions / any of their own?

Nothing too big. The most obvious of a shamrock is a bit too obvious I think, and I don't think I want quotes because there's something else I potentially have in mind for future tattoo that would be a quote (not Irish related) but would still appreciate any ideas at all.

Just don't do it drunk abroad! What I got is so unique to a guy I it could identify me but would only happen a drunk paddy.

A simple one would be two flags, Irish and new country with poles crossed in an X, or if you want a funny one I know a guy with a tattoo of cattle stamp on his behind, "100% Irish Beef".

Either way. ....sober...be sober.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

LucidLife wrote: »
    Just don't do it drunk abroad! What I got is so unique to a guy I it could identify me but would only happen a drunk paddy.

A simple one would be two flags, Irish and new country with poles crossed in an X, or if you want a funny one I know a guy with a tattoo of cattle stamp on his behind, "100% Irish Beef".

Either way. ....sober...be sober.

Absolutely! :D

Have one tattoo so far and made myself wait near a year after I decided on it before I got it, to be sure it was what i wanted it. Figured if I was gonna have it for live what was another wee wait.

Not sure I'd wait that long again now I already have done, but would still be very sure.

Also, thankfully I don't really drink enough to get drunk enough for that :D

The two flags enjoined is not a bad idea, thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Angus Wall at AWOL put some neat Father Ted-inspired flash up on the Tumblr feed! Some mighty fine designs to inspire you! :D
    tumblr_nk4rs3IDBM1r0wea4o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nk1dfoMEoH1r0wea4o1_1280.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

That nuns one is awesome.

Advertisement