Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deborah R Show - Classic Hits 4fm

Options
  • 08-03-2015 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Hi, I like classic hits but does anyone else find this show disgusting - giving vulnerable people false hope? How does this woman sleep at night?..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I don't listen, but I can only assume that it's similar to The Psychic Zone with Una Power that was on 98fm some years ago. I don't know how people can be so reliant on 'psychics,' whether it be on radio or in practice, but they're obviously quite gullible.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭street

Trebor176 wrote: »
    but they're obviously quite gullible.

Yes, and/or desperate. I feel bad for the people who are dealing with serious issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Yeah, especially when they pour their hearts out to thousands of listeners.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cassidy88

I think that it is both cynical and lazy production in equal measures. I think the producer is Andy Matthews - he should really ask himself why he feels this tripe offers any real value at all. I was a 4fm listener, but on my way home one Sunday night, I heard this charlatan, and my loyalty and listernship ended with 4FM. I will never switch back now on a point of principle.

If the "powers that be" think is acceptable, then, they can keep their station.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭street

Cassidy88 wrote: »
    I think that it is both cynical and lazy production in equal measures. I think the producer is Andy Matthews - he should really ask himself why he feels this tripe offers any real value at all. I was a 4fm listener, but on my way home one Sunday night, I heard this charlatan, and my loyalty and listernship ended with 4FM. I will never switch back now on a point of principle.

If the "powers that be" think is acceptable, then, they can keep their station.

"Charlatan" haha.. love it ;] But yes, I totally agree with you. I do still listen to 4fm which I probably shouldn't, or to this show (out of morbid curiosity).

If it were more of a "playful" thing, like "Am i going to win some money next week?" or "Will I meet a nice girl/guy this weekend?" then I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it.

But as I mentioned earlier, some of these people are calling up with serious problems/issues, and are looking for help, whether they are gullible and/or desperate.. I'm assuming psychics and fortune telling aren't real here so, imho this woman has some nerve to say things like "Yes, they're still with you, they're watching over you" etc etc, give misleading advice to these people and bascially fill their heads with poop. Unless she truly believes she is a psychic! Might be able to forgive that, I dunno..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

format shifting desperadoes 4FM scraping the bottom of the barrel? Never!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

I'd say no more than that Boylan show or circus hard to know what to call it, there'd be a certain amount of that show staged too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

I gather that the radio show called: "Psychic Sunday" presented by Deborah R. on Classic Hits 4fm every Sunday night from 10:00pm-12:00am midnight seems to have come to an end in the schedule since late December 2015.

Does anyone know what/who has since replaced this show of Classic Hits 4fm as their radio website seems to be "under reconstruction" at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 floppylaces

another few hours of "Guess what year this song was relased" perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

another few hours of "Guess what year this song was relased" perhaps?

You mean C.S.I. = Classic Songs Investigation?

Otherwise; maybe more of the:
    "Niall Boylan at Night" - the Repeat
    Please do not call or text the station as you will be charged!

Well I think if they have Niall Boylan (whether it is going out live or repeat) in any more of the current schedule on Classic Hits 4FM they will risk losing more & more listeners as it is at saturation point at this stage and they need to diversify more with their programme choice.

Time for a whole new refreshed schedule line-up on the station and I hope it happens very soon.

I miss the original style of 4FM when it first launched back in 2009.

• Advertisement
Advertisement