Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English- HL or OL?

Options
  • 08-03-2015 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I hate English and I'm really bad at it but my teacher insisted that I do higher level at the start of the year because I got a B in the JC. I know that I'll end up doing OL for the Leaving cert. I'm just not sure if I should stay in honours until 6th year or drop down now.

In the class I'm in, we can easily get away with not handing up homework and I haven't done any in a couple of weeks. I know this is stupid but I have no interest in it and know I won't be counting it for points.
    If I do OL the teacher is strict so I'll have to do the homework, that is the main reason I haven't dropped down yet.

Am I just making things difficult for myself? Will I have a lot to catch up on in 6th year?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Do you want to write your assignments in college well?

You are not bad at English if you got a B in the JC - how can you say that?

Why would you choose to do a lower level than you are able in probably the subject that you will use most in life?

What will you do in college if you don't like subjects/lecturers/assignments?

Advertisement