Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belgium? which city for a Stag in September 2015?

Options
  • 08-03-2015 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

I have to organise a Stag for September - 14 lads.

Majority of the lads are in their late 30's but my problem is the lads are coming from across Europe, the UK and Ireland so Belgium is the only location that works. Madrid or Berlin would have been option but we were all there over the last couple of year.

What we are looking for is a city with a bit of craic that will go on into the small hours, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We'll make our own craic to a certain extent but when the hours go single digit that where location matters. Queuing for bars / clubs wont wash with these lads and they are a few years past reaching for the lasers. Forgive me for saying it but its the likes of Temple Bar / Coppers that they will be looking for and its up to me to deliver.

Please help / inspire me...............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Marbella wouldnt suit?

You would get many benefits-
    1) Great weather.
    2) Great bars-lots with cheap drink(stay away from the more expensive)
    3)Beach clubs still open-check out Buddha beach bar,ocean club etc.
    4)Only 2 hours flight to Malaga from Dublin and from most places in Europe.
    5)Tons of other stags and hens there to meet up with.
    6) Lots more to do than in belgium

• Registered Users Posts: 14,159 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Brussels has a rep for being boring in relation to other European capital cities but I thought it was fine (although I was with the missus not a crowd of lads).
    Delirium café is a massive complex of 4 or 5 bars in the city centre with hundreds of different types of bars and is pretty lively as well (think it goes on til 4 or after)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

Antwerp?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Antwerp for sure, went on a stag there with a bunch of Dutch lads.

Showed up at the hotel with a few boxes of beer, stayed out until 6 am in a club.

I wish I could tell you what happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

+ 1 for Brussels. Beer is fantastic, regular or any flavour you want - try the flavoured beer, sounds manc but is delicious. You have to visit a pub called Le Corbeau. At approx 11:30, you have to get up on the tables and dance - everyone in the pub. Clubs are small, tipp the bouncers on the way out or you may not get into the next one as they are all in radio contact with each other. I always thought it was a boring city, not so. Go and enjoy. Dont forget to try chips and fresh mayonnaise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭keithclancy

By the way, if you want to fly there Eindhoven and Zavantem are options.

Theres a Deutsche Bahn IC bus running from Eindhoven Station to Antwerp Centraal.

Eindhoven Airport to Antwerp Centraal takes about 2 hours with one bus from the Airport and another from the station to Antwerp.

Bookings can be done on bahn.de (Buy in advance, its way cheaper)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Leuven,
    15 minutes by train from Brussels airport.
    It is the home of Stella Artois, and a university city, so I guess perfect for a hen/stag
    http://www.leuven.be/beercapital

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

Leuven is mainly a student city so the crowd may be a bit too young. Best city to go out is Gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

Cheers everyone.

Going to run the suggestions by the Stag

Advertisement