Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't like Sports - merged

Options
  • 08-03-2015 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭

I'm only starting this thread because in spite of sports threads apparently not being allowed in After Hours (but 2 thread exists at the moment) I've decided to be fair to all sports and have a thread slagging off Rugby.

Rugby players are just a bunch of overweight private schools snobs.Discuss;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I'm only starting this thread because in spite of sports threads apparently not being allowed in After Hours (but 2 threads exists at the moment) I've decided to be fair to all sports and have a thread slagging off Soccer.

Soccer players are just a bunch of working class scumbags with no decency.Discuss;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I ****ing detest soccer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

I've gone off it as well, it used to be faster and much more exciting 10 or 20 years ago. Now it's extremely defensive and for the most part dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

A soccerballhead ate my gerbil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I don't mind it each to there own..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I quite like playing it but watching a group of foreign billionaires rolling about the ground pretending to be injured isn't really my thing.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

I'm only starting this thread because in spite of sports threads apparently not being allowed in After Hours (but 2 thread exists at the moment) I've decided to be fair to all sports and have a thread slagging off Rugby.

Since the threads are started by yourself, I think we can safely say neither is going to survive for any great length of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I'm only starting this thread because in spite of sports threads apparently not being allowed in After Hours (but 2 threads exist at the moment) I've decided to be fair to all sports and have a thread slagging off Golf.

Golf players are just a bunch of overweight toffs who aren't able to play a proper sport.Discuss;)

I don't mind it each to there own, and I ain't no scumbag.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'm completely ambivalent towards it. In terms of what's on, it's miles ahead of almost everything else. It's a brutal sport and I've a lot of respect for the players.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

I don't mind it each to there own ...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

A waste of a good walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Alun wrote: »
    A waste of a good walk.

No no a waste of a good gallop over some lovely turf with some intersting cross county obstacles ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Chijj

Nothing better than beating the wife and then off to play a game of football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Grays Sports Almanac

All that's wrong is you can't afford to play golf.

Like me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

gozunda wrote: »
    No no a waste of a good gallop over some lovely turf with some intersting cross county obstacles ;)

Funnily enough, horse racing is about the only sport I don't like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Chijj wrote: »

You can bate the wife, but you can't bate the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BrowmThomas

I was out with my ex recently. I was the only girl there who was watching the rugby and understood it (3 guys pointed that out to me). I was embarrassed but they said it was a good thing?

I don't understand how anyone can not like it (or appreciate the boys!!) but then I don't like soccer as I think they are a bunch of common chaos in most cases. Happy to take the overweight private school snobs :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

I watch it because I bet on it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I don't know any other sport in the world where it is common place to segregate people determined on what team they like to prevent them from literally murdering people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Chijj wrote: »

How come none of you will ever admit to beating your boyfriend? Not even one out of 92 English clubs
    Will you take a stand and be the first?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Do you like anything? Other than attention obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Love that. Had to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

There's something so homoerotic about watching young men in shorts getting all worked up and sweaty ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Where's the I don't like ultimate Frisbee thread?

OP banned for trolling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement