Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Froggies

Options
  • 08-03-2015 7:03am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has any AHer seen a frog in the wild, or even in your garden? My mate has a river running behind her gaff and there are loads of frogs around during the summer months.

Do you think frogs are cute? And did you know that the brightly coloured frogs in tropical zones are often highly poisonous?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Yes, no, yes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Yes, no, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Yes,no,yes. This reminded me of a story about people licking Cane Toads to get high. I googled and found that Albert Most is the founder of The Church of the Toad of Light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

as this is after hours ,yes i seen a frog in my garden ,but his name was oink and he lives in france ..good friend that he his

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Seen loads of them. Had to move a few on a suicide mission who wouldn't move from in front of lawn mower.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Why are frogs so happy?

They eat watever bugs them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I once worked as a tree surgeon (well I laboured to one) in Sydney, owned by a French dude called Xavier.

The name of the company?

Tree frog. I thought it was brilliant lol. He was a sound guy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Rien à voir ici

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I once worked as a tree surgeon (well I laboured to one) in Sydney, owned by a French dude called Xavier.

I know a French dude called Xavier. I wouldn't say it's the same guy though.

I know a French dude called Xavier. I wouldn't say it's the same guy though.

Never know.

Did the dude you knew have a chin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Never know.

Did the dude you knew have a chin?

Lol no. The dude I know is 8 years old and lives in Wexford with his parents and two brothers. I don't know if he owns any businesses in Australia but I don't think so.

Lol no. The dude I know is 8 years old and lives in Wexford with his parents and two brothers. I don't know if he owns any businesses in Australia but I don't think so.

Na prob not him so.....

The Xavier I knew used to pick us up in a pick up, and paid us by the day in cash.

Now, when I say by the say, I mean he paid you for a days work, which (depending on what needed to be done) cold have meant 7am - 5pm, or it could have meant 7am - 11am, it didn't matter to him, it was still a days work over.

End of every shift he paid me in cash, same amount, like I say, he was a sound lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Lick them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Seen loads of them. Had to move a few on a suicide mission who wouldn't move from in front of lawn mower.

Same.
    Seemed like a "family" lived in my back garden for a while. Got a laugh when I was cutting the grass and this big frog hid its head under a tiny leaf as if to say if I can't see you, you can't see me

was delighted to have them in the garden and nay children visiting were fascinated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Grays Sports Almanac

Years ago I saw one attack some guy at a football match. Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

See plenty of time when I'm cutting the grass... got to jump off the lawnmower to move them to a safe spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

We have huge bullfrogs here. In the summer we throw a saddle on them and race into town on them.

Saw a few when I lived in Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,285 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Often see them on a wet night hopping across the road, used to see a lot of them in the bog under the turf, not so much anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Yes, yes, no.

I love them. I used to pick them up but someone told me something about our skin (maybe it's too acidic or something) burns theirs. Not sure if that's true, but reckon it's better to be on the safe side and just not pick them up. Love tadpoles too. Frogs are cool. Hate when it rains and you see loads of them smushed on the road. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

They are fascinating animals.

On my cousins farm they had what seemed to be hundreds on some boggy land. When we were young and did not see the harm we used catch loads of them and have a frog Olympics. The variety of events was limited and was mainly jumping, swimming and racing. Frogs are really efficient swimmers. We always let them go after but in hindsight it probably tormented them using them as toys (we were only nippers though).

The variety of colours and sizes was amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Seen them a few times but never trying to cross the road. Think they have learned there lesson from that documentary 'frogger'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Had them in the garden before, very cute. Not there any more, a local quarry may have destroyed their habitat.

Advertisement