Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this expensive??

Options
  • 08-03-2015 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭

I visited a dentist recently. I was examined and it was suggested that I first have the tartar removed from my teeth - the dentist numbed my mouth for this and there was a fair amount of tartar. After this the dentist then checked all my teeth for any cavities and at the end I got a polish. Charge was €200. Is this a reasonable amount to pay for the work done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

newmember? wrote: »
    I visited a dentist recently. I was examined and it was suggested that I first have the tartar removed from my teeth - the dentist numbed my mouth for this and there was a fair amount of tartar. After this the dentist then checked all my teeth for any cavities and at the end I got a polish. Charge was €200. Is this a reasonable amount to pay for the work done?

Was it a dentist or a periodontist? Are we talking about a standard scale & polish which took 15 mins or a deep scaling & root planing with anaesthetic which took an hour. Two very different treatments by two different clinicians which would cost very different amounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

newmember? wrote: »

Do you have a treatment cost breakdown??
    For example; a new patient exam could be €70, a panoramic X-ray €50 and the cleaning under local €80...

Advertisement