Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disco edits?

Options
  • 07-03-2015 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Ok I love a good disco/funk track but I can't understand how they get released on labels under peoples own names. Disco edits I'm talking about are ones were a full track is basically sampled and then the person adds some heavier kicks and some small bits of percussion are added. Do people buy the rights to old tracks or what?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Interesting question. I've usually seen where the title of the track is kept and then blah blah's edit is added to the end or some similar format. You any examples of what you were saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

iamstop wrote: »
    Interesting question. I've usually seen where the title of the track is kept and then blah blah's edit is added to the end or some similar format. You any examples of what you were saying?

Stuff like this

The original

The edit

Advertisement