Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home PC Backup Solution Recommendation?

Options
  • 07-03-2015 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi folks,

I'd been using Norton Ghost for ages, currently V15, and it's been a pretty decent backup/recovery solution for my home PC desktop/laptop devices, allowing full and incremental/delta backups and granular recovery as required.

I'm thinking about upgrading my rig and started looking at the latest versions of backup software only to discover that Ghost has been discontinued after v15 and the new Symantec suite looks as confusing as hell to be honest, not to mention a lot more expensive as it seems to be aimed at the small business up to enterprise market rather than home user.

Can anyone recommend the best home PC backup solution on the market at the mo please? What do you folks use to secure your data (to local drives, to removable drives and/or to cloud) currently? Thanks a mil.

c0y0te

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Still using ghost on my primary. Just because they arent actively developing it doesnt mean it stops working.

The NAS is currently pushing encrypted chunks up to CrashPlan for offsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

I use Acronis true image 2015, never had any problems with it . I do have a local image on hdd and off-site in my parents safe.

Advertisement