Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good affordable spotting scope

Options
  • 07-03-2015 1:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi folks, looking to pick some brains here, im looking for a good affordable spotting scope with 60x magnification as ill be spotting out to around 1000 yards across a lake..any reccomendations on brands etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Jayzesake

lakesider wrote: »
    Hi folks, looking to pick some brains here, im looking for a good affordable spotting scope with 60x magnification as ill be spotting out to around 1000 yards across a lake..any reccomendations on brands etc?

Thanks

I've never had a spotting scope, but I'd also be interested in getting one soon.

When that time comes, I'll be very seriously checking out the Opticron models, as I bought a pair of their bins (Discovery 8x42, about €230 from Conn's Cameras in Dublin) a while back, and am delighted with them. Optically and in every other way they're excellent, and at that price great value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Budget? I got an Opticron last year (mm3 x 60) from Conn too and love it, after having bought Opticron binocs from them 5 years ago too.

Opticrons deliver very good performance for a fraction of the price of the big names. Second hand is an option too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭lakesider

gzoladz wrote: »
    Budget? I got an Opticron last year (mm3 x 60) from Conn too and love it, after having bought Opticron binocs from them 5 years ago too.

Opticrons deliver very good performance for a fraction of the price of the big names. Second hand is an option too.

spending maybe up to 500 euro, any good places for second hand kit?..thanks for the replies btw..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

lakesider wrote: »
    spending maybe up to 500 euro, any good places for second hand kit?..thanks for the replies btw..

Conns, Berminghams and Camera centre have second hand departments. Then there is Adverts and ebay but you need to take the usual precautions.

There is also Uttings.co.uk they do new only but they have very good offers. I used them a few times and found them very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭lakesider

gzoladz wrote: »
    Conns, Berminghams and Camera centre have second hand departments. Then there is Adverts and ebay but you need to take the usual precautions.

There is also Uttings.co.uk they do new only but they have very good offers. I used them a few times and found them very good.

Thanks gzoladz ill check them out..

• Advertisement
Advertisement