Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure stupid

Options
  • 07-03-2015 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

IS systematically destroying ancient artefacts in Iraq
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-31760656

Yeah IS are pure evil. Grand. Bunch of angry idiots with a vengeance. Justified or not, whatever.

But how can anyone decide that destroying 3300 year old artefacts is to the benefit of anyone?

There is evil and then there is blind stupidity, which is even more disgusting. How can any group of people with any basic level of intelligence think this is a good use of their time?

The mind boggles. This can't keep going for long; it all has to implode eventually. Basic intelligence has to kick in at some point.

Right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Honestly I prefer if all of those nut jobs were contained in their utopia over there. Than causing issues in Europe or North America. Its dreadful they are destroying priceless artefacts, but at least they arent causing issues over here.

I wonder what will happen when they realise you cant live the word of god alone and that you need a functioning economy to survive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

SeanFrank wrote: »
    IS systematically destroying ancient artefacts in Iraq
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-31760656

Yeah IS are pure evil. Grand. Bunch of angry idiots with a vengeance. Justified or not, whatever.

But how can anyone decide that destroying 3300 year old artefacts is to the benefit of anyone?

There is evil and then there is blind stupidity, which is even more disgusting. How can any group of people with any basic level of intelligence think this is a good use of their time?

The mind boggles. This can't keep going for long; it all has to implode eventually. Basic intelligence has to kick in at some point.

Right?

That's quite an assumption to make!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

hfallada wrote: »
    Honestly I prefer if all of those nut jobs were contained in their utopia over there. Than causing issues in Europe or North America. Its dreadful they are destroying priceless artefacts, but at least they arent causing issues over here.

I wonder what will happen when they realise you cant live the word of god alone and that you need a functioning economy to survive

Europe has generated it's fair share of nutjobs, and America not too far behind either but I agree with you, what they are doing is dreadful. Destroying thousand year old artifacts, that survived many empires and other conflicts, it's really disappointing.

I don't know why they want to destroy part of their own culture, their heritage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

hfallada wrote: »

they don't really care about the modern world, if they end up living the very same lifestyle as the early muslims then thats just fine

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭buried

The leaders of this fascist gang of thrash are doing this to goad the wider world into a full-scale war with the civilised world. Such a war that can continue the cycle of hate that will only benefit them. I love history, everybody in the civilised world does to some extent. ISIS know this, they know if they destroy these monuments that the civilised world will get upset. But that's the trap, they want to goad us into a war that ISIS actually wants. It might sound harsh, but these gangsters should be ignored, I know they are a danger to people that do not conform to their fascist ideology in Syria and Iraq, but if the west goes in seeking some sort of "revenge" for their actions, ISIS will use that revenge action for their own propaganda and create even more violence than what is happening right now. Its no coincidence that since this fascist gang of trash ran out of western hostages to be-head they have now resorted to destroying archaeological treasures instead. They should be ignored. Ignore them and let them eat each other IMO.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

I preferred ISIS when they were all about the music and releasing albums like Oceanic and Panopticon. Now they're killing people :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

What is ISIS is it some saving scheme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Augmerson wrote: »
    Europe has generated it's fair share of nutjobs, and America not too far behind either but I agree with you, what they are doing is dreadful. Destroying thousand year old artifacts, that survived many empires and other conflicts, it's really disappointing.

I don't know why they want to destroy part of their own culture, their heritage.

Its not their heritage though, that's why they are destroying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

Its not their heritage though, that's why they are destroying it.

it is part of their heritage and history, they don't like it, but it is

this is the problem with extremists they want to wipe out the past and its traditions, just look at what the saudis have done in their own country too, disgusting

we have similar kinds of extremists here too, religious and non religious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

ignorant @ssholes it really makes my blood boil watching this, they also bulldozed the ancient city of nimrud:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

That's what happens when you class stuff as priceless. Someone ought to have put a price-tag on it. They'd have sold it instead of smashing it. Morons.

Advertisement