Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat 7th March 2015

Options
  • 06-03-2015 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

4 bets for me tomorrow, and one thats tempting me seriously in meydan

Wicklow Brave each way think the whole of the board will be out for a few pints if this fella goes in tomorrow

As it so happens win its a poor race , and i dont like the FAV

Merry Westerner each way not a great race again, 7/1 this bumper winner ran in an ok
    maiden and should be better for the experience, memory serves me right they punted this off the boards for its bumper win so market could be a good guide

Snaidhm win, think its between her and the FAV, so at the prices ill take her

Very Very tempted to back Darwin at 16s in Meydan, someone talk me out of it!!!! talk about following one over a cliff...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Trouble in P

From what I've gathered, Patrick Mullins seems to be raving about York Hill in the 5.30 at Gowran Park tomorrow. Currently 4/5, too short for me to bet on. Take this how you like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

one of interest to me is Rye House in the 2:25 Chepstow, 98 rated for Stoute on the flat, cold make a decent hurdler, and is starting off in a race with very little depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Regardless of the outcome you would have be mad to back that Mullins bumper horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭green n gold

Probably well wide of the mark with this one but cant help being drawn to West Wizard 3.10 Sandown @ 9/1. Been following this one since its impressive bumper win and so far it has been a serious under achiever. Held an entry in the Neptune at the festival, but connections very wisely decided against sending a horse they hold in high esteem into the white hot battle of the festival. 1st run in a Hcap today im hoping this one finally delivers on its initial promise. N Henderson has enjoyed a fruitful week or so and im hoping this one can surprise. Good luck to all today.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

Probably well wide of the mark with this one but cant help being drawn to West Wizard 3.10 Sandown @ 9/1. Been following this one since its impressive bumper win and so far it has been a serious under achiever. Held an entry in the Neptune at the festival, but connections very wisely decided against sending a horse they hold in high esteem into the white hot battle of the festival. 1st run in a Hcap today im hoping this one finally delivers on its initial promise. N Henderson has enjoyed a fruitful week or so and im hoping this one can surprise. Good luck to all today.

Geraghty tipped this in Cafe en Seine the other night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Don't Be is in the first at Wolverhampton.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

I mentioned in my report on the preview night at Aintree that Ben Pauling was quite sweet on his horse in the Imperial Cup - Ravens Tower. At 50-1 might be worth a small ew interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Kingfisher Creek 25-1 2.00 Sandown very competitive race but looks nice ew value. Reckon Tizzard will have a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

In the Imperial Cup at Sandown(3.10) I think Gassin Golf is a really big price at 33/1. Second here last year off 11lbs lower mark but I reckon he is better than 132 and should at least place. He wears first time cheekpieces and Richard Johnson a very interesting booking, he has ridden him before but Jamie Moore is usually on board for the stable but he rides Meadowcroft Boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Ziga Boy 2:35 Sandown 10/3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dickenson famous5

for ziga boy 10 mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Some jumping performance from Moss Park there and somehow still nearly got there at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,888 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Master Of Disguise 14-1 ew 3.25
    Decent draw off bottom weight here. Kept on well
    last time out over c&d. Good value for a place in what's a weak race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Wicklow Brave out for a run, ffs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Shemale wrote: »
    Wicklow Brave out for a run, ffs
    Mule of a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

sonnky wrote: »
    In the Imperial Cup at Sandown(3.10) I think Gassin Golf is a really big price at 33/1. Second here last year off 11lbs lower mark but I reckon he is better than 132 and should at least place. He wears first time cheekpieces and Richard Johnson a very interesting booking, he has ridden him before but Jamie Moore is usually on board for the stable but he rides Meadowcroft Boy.

Decent run!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Ruby acting the **llox again at the start, watch him next week in the county lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Ah would yas quit lads the horse has his own idea about the game at this stage, that plunge was a proper gamble,not a few scores e/w from lads in the local bookies and moves like that only come when the right men are on,unfortunately for them Wicklow Brave wasn't in the mood to win them their money.
    He'll pop up at a big price some day because he's well handicapped now and people will say oh that horse has been stopped all year :rolleyes: when in truth the horse is a monkey. Any other trainer would pop on some headgear to try see if it improves him but that aint Willies way he'll try get into the horses head to get him interested again,how long that'll take is anyones guess but he's the man to do it.

Couldn't see the start but Ruby had a short enough rein from flag drop and look again just before three out, he looks to be picking a few off and working into it and suddenly he is going left and then reined in right and he is back behind the few he just passed. Sure he even got his excuse in before the start, he was worried about the ground, the ground in last years Supreme was quicker than today.

Just because the price shortened doesn't mean much, a few quid from marked account linked to Mullins would to that.

Nice and easy prep race for Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Ruby was right not to bother after the start, why beat him up for next week. Id actually be happy enough as it shows that they feel they have something.

Hopefully ill be cheering him home next week..

Funny thing is if they had let go the first start he was grand in the middle of the field..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Irish Thistle (18/1) e-way in the next at Gowran. Has been running in hot company for the past couple of years,makes his handicap debut today with the cheek pieces back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I'll be absolutely flabbergasted if he runs at the festival,he'll be sent home. I'll lay the absolute nuts off him for a place if he does turn up,seriously lads save your money, this horse will not win the county,not a hope in hell

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Why did you delete your pick Toby. Bit strange no ?

I'll be absolutely flabbergasted if he runs at the festival,he'll be sent home. I'll lay the absolute nuts off him for a place if he does turn up,seriously lads save your money, this horse will not win the county,not a hope in hell

I reckon he will go and be very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Agree with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Good ride from Ruby in the bumper there. Came late, from behind to leave the young Nicholls girl gasping with exhaustion. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Good ride from Ruby in the bumper there. Came late, from behind to leave the young Nicholls girl gasping with exhaustion. Lol

And Cooper fell off. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

I don't mean to be funny lads but I reckon a lot f people here are seriously blinkered. I thought Wicklow would win a good handicap this year but he is an absolute hound. Why would you send a horse to the Imperial to run out the back on purpose when there is no chance of getting him dropped for the county?? And a huge bonus if the horse won both. He is an absolute pig I have him seriously black listed and I've never even backed him. 9/1 today lunacy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Bad day at the races today wouldnt want to be making any money for cheltenham :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,888 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Nasty fall for who ever was on Ravished in the 4.25.
    Looked pretty hard impact, with horse also landing on him.

Advertisement