Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting a property up For Rent

Options
  • 06-03-2015 9:20pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys,

About to advertise my property in the next few weeks.
    It's a 3 bed 2 bath semi D house in a nice estate in Dublin 11 with front and rear garden and side entrance. The attic is converted but would not meet the requirements of a habitable room so I assume I mention this as an additional store room or home office.

Is Daft still the holy gospel?
    Are there key thing you have to mention in your ad or is it a case that viewers will know what they are looking for and if they want the house they will call?

What do people want to see in the ad?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

People still call the attic a bedroom, although it doesnt fit the requirements. Like estate agent just call it a store to cover themselves legally, but everyone knows its a bedroom

The only thing that matters on an Ad is photos. People dont really read the whole spiel on its being a lovely modern house, with a mature garden etc. They see through all the BS and only want to see what the house is like. Also listing the bus routes to town and stuff like shops 2 mins etc is super helpful. Daft.ie is the main one everyone uses still, as its the best and has the highest number of viewers.

FYI only have an email on it and no numbers. As you tend to get a lot of calls on do you take rent allowance, but if they wont bother emailing to ask you that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking tbh. Don't want to fill the ad with lovely mature estate had a yada, people looking in the area will know the estate and will know what's going on so more factual info it will be so.

Local amenities and walking distance to bus stops etc

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

lolly175, kceire - please keep the personal interactions to pm.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭the world wonders

kceire wrote: »
    Are there key thing you have to mention in your ad
    You have a legal requirement to include the BER.
    What do people want to see in the ad?
    Proper photos of each and every room.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You have a legal requirement to include the BER.
    Proper photos of each and every room.

Have the BER done since last October so that's still in date. Will include it as required.

• Advertisement
Advertisement