Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening Web Business and Social Welfare JA

Options
  • 06-03-2015 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hello folks,

I've registered my domain,and the hosting company is asking me for:
    Are you an Irish resident? What is the significance of the name? Is it a registered business name?

Now, I'm on Jobseeker Allowance, and do You think they can close or freeze my social because I'm opening a business? I did not register in CRO yet, but I'm afraid if I would like to open a business they can close my JA account "because I found a job" which is not true, because its not a guaranteed pay work, but risky and most of the time I won't receive any new orders, so I will be without income.

Regards,
    Igor
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I assume its an ie domain. Its standard stuff if so. A .com is easier to open.

I've a business name registered without any SW problems.
    Registering a domain name has nothing TO do with SW.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Igor2155

Okay So What do I have to say ? they asking me for:

Are you an Irish resident? What is the significance of the name? Is it a registered business name?

I have my upc bill with my name so I can proof I'm living in Eire but what about the rest 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

If you are going to be self employed you need to let sw know as any earning from self employment will have to be assessed against your jobseekers allowance claim. Not to declare self employment or any other type of employment when in receipt of social welfare is fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Igor2155

Thanks lads, I know it would be a fraud but I don't wanna dot this. Can someone tell me what do I have to say in SW? I don't want lose my JA, and I will be providing all necessary invoices if I will get a client or money income from my website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

You have two options.

1. Apply for back to work enterprise allowance. http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Enterprise-Allowance-Self-Employed.aspx

2. Just go in and declare your self employment to SW and they will assess any earnings you may have from self employment. Its quite possible that you will have nil means at the beginning in which case you will retain the amount of JSA you are on now and they may review your claim again in 6 months time to see how your business is going.

• Advertisement
Advertisement