Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Chem Organisation Helppp!

Options
  • 06-03-2015 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am taking the LC in Chem HL in 2016. I am doing it as a private student. I was wondering how do I organise all my practical notes, revision notes etc.? Does anyone have a list of the practical’s to make sure that I have done them all as my last school I think did most of them and I have notes but on loose paper for them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BaybuttSJF

Bump

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The same way anyone organises notes for any subject. Buy some sets of dividers and divide by topic and/or question.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The syllabus will have the list of experiments.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

I have two hardback notebooks, one for non-mandatory experiments (we have a separate workbook for writing up the mandatory ones) and one for general notes and summaries of topics. I also have a folder for exam questions/tests/handouts from the teacher.
    By private student do you mean you're doing the subject outside of school? If you are, make sure that you find a teacher who's willing to sign off your write-ups of the mandatory experiments to confirm that you did them. If they don't get signed by a teacher they're invalid.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ko3p

emersyn wrote: »
    I have two hardback notebooks, one for non-mandatory experiments (we have a separate workbook for writing up the mandatory ones) and one for general notes and summaries of topics. I also have a folder for exam questions/tests/handouts from the teacher.
    By private student do you mean you're doing the subject outside of school? If you are, make sure that you find a teacher who's willing to sign off your write-ups of the mandatory experiments to confirm that you did them. If they don't get signed by a teacher they're invalid.

Thought you didn't get any marks for the experiments at Leaving Cert level?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

ko3p wrote: »
    Thought you didn't get any marks for the experiments at Leaving Cert level?

You don't get marked for them but they're compulsory: they get inspected, and my teacher said that if you don't have them done you automatically fail the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mahmoudsaid_1

Divide in notebooks

Advertisement