Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maximising your points till end of the season.

Options
  • 06-03-2015 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

I know people tend to b***h when new threads are added but I think this has potential to be a relevant one.
    Basic idea being that people discuss who they think are worth taking punts on and why till end of season to maximise their points returns from now to then.
    Of course the barriers to all our little plans working are many and perhaps heretofore unseen.....
    Lack of funds in the bank,injuries/suspensions,blank GW's etc.

I will kick it off....here's my current squad,
    Foster/Myhill
    Terry Clyne Bellerin Dawson Bruce
    Sanchez Hazard Silva Cazorla Amoebi
    Aguero Austin Kane
    3.4m in bank.

I feel I have a decent squad but would be a bit worried about having Sanchez and Cazorla longterm....
    Its also annoying that all the performing strikers are either very cheap or very expensive......no middle ground consistent strikers.
    Where would people invest the money I have in the bank?....don't want it left there till end of season.
    Was thinking maybe of upgrading likes of Dawson or Bruce to someone like Bertrand or Skrytl.

So there is the thread open people...do with it what ye will and best of luck till seasons end!;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Top 3 points scorers for GW29-GW38
    Hazard, Costa, Aguero - Don't think that really needs much explanation! Aguero the best point scorer in the game and Chelsea have an extra match.

Top 3 best value playable outfielders GW29-GW39
    Kane, Terry, Kosc

Mane is definitely someone I will be keeping for now I think he could well be one of those players who FPL performance exceeds their real life ability quite considerably.

GW31-GW35 Gomis might be worth a punt pretty nice fixtures HUL EVE lei new STO.

Having cheap and expensive forwards doing well is exactly what you want. Its the mid range ones that are normally the worst value as they don't give as many pts/£m and are rarely your best captain option. I've never known a season like this for the budget strikers Kane, Austin, Berahino, Ings and at times Sahko, Naismith etc its been an amazing year for the <6.5m striker!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Welll, you already have Clyne, so probably not much point in getting Berty in.

Giroud would be a good middle of the deck striker you could get. Swap Cazorla for Eriksen maybe and upgrade Austin to Giroud ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

jimmii wrote: »
    Mane is definitely someone I will be keeping for now I think he could well be one of those players who FPL performance exceeds their real life ability quite considerably.

Yea god shout, he really is an awkard looking player but seems to have an eye for goal. With Pelle struggling he could be playing as their main striker in a lot of games so definitely one to watch.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Yea god shout, he really is an awkard looking player but seems to have an eye for goal. With Pelle struggling he could be playing as their main striker in a lot of games so definitely one to watch.

Yeh been talk of him being moved central. Maybe he is the real deal but certainly wouldn't surprise me if we saw him do well for the remainder of the season and then be someone we rarely heard of again! Tends to be the way with those players they are different and for a while effective then people figure out how to stop them and they don't really have much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Anyone know when Jay Rodriguez is back for Southampton? He is really what they need at the minute and could be a great shout if he is fit any time soon

• Advertisement

Anyone know when Jay Rodriguez is back for Southampton? He is really what they need at the minute and could be a great shout if he is fit any time soon

A month ago Koeman said that they want him to be fit that might be the end of the season but it might be next season. I wouldn't think we will see him soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

A month ago Koeman said that they want him to be fit that might be the end of the season but it might be next season. I wouldn't think we will see him soon.

Thats that plan out the window then. I thought he was due back last month, did he suffer a setback or something?

Thats that plan out the window then. I thought he was due back last month, did he suffer a setback or something?

He was due back in December then January then February who knows what is going on! So unfortunate for him looking like he could have been in with a shout of Brazil.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Henderson is someone ive my eye on. He is on pens as long as Gerrard doesn't play he is also taking some set pieces and has a licence to get forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Top 3 points scorers for GW29-GW38
    Hazard, Costa, Aguero - Don't think that really needs much explanation! Aguero the best point scorer in the game and Chelsea have an extra match.

Top 3 best value playable outfielders GW29-GW39
    Kane, Terry, Kosc

GW31-GW35 Gomis might be worth a punt pretty nice fixtures HUL EVE lei new STO.

Having cheap and expensive forwards doing well is exactly what you want. Its the mid range ones that are normally the worst value as they don't give as many pts/£m and are rarely your best captain option. I've never known a season like this for the budget strikers Kane, Austin, Berahino, Ings and at times Sahko, Naismith etc its been an amazing year for the <6.5m striker!

Yeah I get what your saying about the strikers,I almost feel bad though that you can have such a cut price strike force and be doing ok,most seasons you needed two 10m+ forwards to get any decent pts haul each GW...
    With regards to my own team I would like to use the 3m+ I have in bank in next few GWs on a constructive way,Signing Giroud would use it all up so I'm thinking of spreading it around,maybe by upgrading Amoebi and likes of Dawson to a 5 m + def...and swop Austin to Berahino depending on their form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Yeah I get what your saying about the strikers,I almost feel bad though that you can have such a cut price strike force and be doing ok,most seasons you needed two 10m+ forwards to get any decent pts haul each GW...
    With regards to my own team I would like to use the 3m+ I have in bank in next few GWs on a constructive way,Signing Giroud would use it all up so I'm thinking of spreading it around,maybe by upgrading Amoebi and likes of Dawson to a 5 m + def...and swop Austin to Berahino depending on their form.

In my opinion you definitely don't need this. Your front 7 is strong enough. You don't have selection dilemmas. Ameobi was good for 3 pts the week you needed him (GW27). If you want more guarantees maybe Cork from Swansea is more nailed down but that's only if you have the luxury of a spare transfer one week.

Your team is perfectly fine. I'm not even sure you need upgrades at the back. Terry & Clyne every week, Bellerin most weeks and when fixtures are tough one of Dawson or Bruce (don't know how they rotate though). Actually that's what I'd do. Have a thorough look at each remaining GW and see if you're happy with your defenders. Every time you're not happy note whom offers better prospects fixture-wise and when completed up to GW38 select the best compromise replacements ;).

In your position, for now, I'll just try to swap Cazorla (e.g. Sterling, Eriksen, Siggy) and upgrade Austin (Giroud or Costa/Sturridge if you downgrade Cazorla).

Advertisement