Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a FREE epaper you recommend???

Options
  • 06-03-2015 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I had the Free Irish times for a month recently.

Got used to it now and will probably subscribe on a monthly fee. But before I chuck around the credit card...,does anyone recommend a free epaper that they read that covers mainly News.. Home or abroad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Waterford Whispers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

The Daily Edge.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The Journal, especially the comments section

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Where sanity goes to die :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Waterford Whispers

Has really run out of jokes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

The Guardian App. Totally free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

It makes the FM104 phone show seem like an unbiased, educated discussion. The **** you see on the journal is disturbing. I dont know how anyone can agree with most the comments. 90% of which are something about corruption, job bridge or emigration

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

hfallada wrote: »
    It makes the FM104 phone show seem like an unbiased, educated discussion. The **** you see on the journal is disturbing. I dont know how anyone can agree with most the comments. 90% of which are something about corruption, job bridge or emigration

That's not true. "How many nurses/teachers/Gardaí could've been got with that money?" makes up a solid 15% of the comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭banham

UK Newspapers, great choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

hfallada wrote: »
    I'd say they will be the subject of much academic scrutiny in years to come, you can never precict which way the flow of discussion bile and nonsense is going to go

• Advertisement

Nim wrote: »

I never claimed to be sane :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

The dregs of Irish society spawn from that cesspit of ignorance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Nim wrote: »

And journalism.

I get all my news from After Hours so I'm ok :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Since the IT went behind a paywall I have found myself lured into the seedy underbelly of news sources such as the Daily Mail, the Mirror and the Indo. Originally the €12 per month seemed excessive for just the online content as that is far inferior to what is printed but am thinking of going for the €16 subscription which provides an exact replica of the printed paper. Can be used on up to 3 devices too so happy days! The free sources are not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Advertisement