Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC HL History Project Extended essay word count?

Options
  • 05-03-2015 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

My Extended essay in its final draft is 1732 words long. Is this too long or should I could it down?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ko3p

Our teacher said a maximum of 1500 words for HL.
    I'd definitely recommend cutting it down a bit as one of the main complaints in the chief examiner's report in 2011 was that the extended essays were too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Try to cut it down. It's sometimes more impressive to prove you can condense your information within the guidelines.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

'Select and reject' is a major skill in History, so if you can cut it at all, do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭yugimon121

Thank you for the responses, i will see what I can do with it.
    Another question I have is, what should i exactly do in the Review of research process?
    Mine essentially goes
    -Checked internet for basics
    -Visited local library
    -visited city library
    -Named some interesting books i found
    -I began planning extended essay
    -analysed and compressed information
    - gained info on the significance of the event.

Advertisement