Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop4Memory customer experience

Options
  • 05-03-2015 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I'm just here to vent and hopefully to learn a bit about a specific company. The website Shop4Memory sells computer RAM. Before now, I've only ever bought from them once before, I was very happy with the service.
    This time though...I ordered last Friday 27th. I paid for 1-2 day delivery, should have had my order on Tuesday at the latest. It's now Thursday evening, no sign of it. I left a message on their website yesterday Wednesday, no reply. I left another one this evening, but honestly I don't expect them to reply to this one.

Assuming they don't reply, what are my options?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Ty a more direct form of contact.

GoBeyond Ltd.
    Unit A8
    Celbridge M4 Business Park
    Celbridge
    Co. Kildare
    Ireland

Tel: +353 1 6275611 (for sales enquiries only)
    Fax: +353 1 6275612

VAT number: IE 6398832A
    Company reg. number: 378832

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

Tried that already. Called before 6pm (which is when their website says their offices close) only to hear a recording saying they close at 5.30.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Call again before half 5 tomorrow. I've used them in their memoryc guise maybe 50 times without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Ring Fastway couriers too. Could be a delay on their part.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Also you can try Memoryc run by same people (GoBeyond Ltd.), they have a live chat option, I contacted them in the past, they were quite fast replying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

as other posters, Ive bought direct from them many times over the years, 2-3 days longest I ever had to wait for delivery. also called over a couple of times when I needed something quick and decent enough to deal with.

I'm guessing somethings gone wrong from normal procedures.

no connection with them other than happy customer. try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Same here, have bought plenty of items from them and it's always arrived within 2 to 3 days via their normal delivery.

Sometimes they even send you a little bag of jellybeans in the envelope ! :) yum yum

Ken

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Remember buying off this company a few years back, very reasonable prices and never had any problems
    They even sorted out a delivery problem I caused :)

Well, might as well let you guys know. After hearing from them today (Friday, two days after messaging them on Wednesday), they've refunded my delivery costs as I asked and have sent out a replacement item. Hopefully, this one will arrive.

Fantastic...I got the RAM today, popped out the single 4GB stick that came with my mobo, popped in the two sticks...and they're DOA.
    I get the initial UEFI screen, it then says it's going to boot, but then immediately stalls. I've tried both sticks, I've tried switching them around, I've tried one stick in one slot, then the other...nothing.
    Only when I use the 4GB stick that I started with do I get past the UEFI screen and into the boot process.
    *Sigh* I'm going to have to RMA them. I'll get a refund for them, as this is the last straw.
    Before anyone asks, I went by the mobo manufacturer's manual as to which model of RAM would work and carefully made sure that I was indeed ordering the right set.

• Advertisement

Load the BIOS defaults with the original RAM installed then replace with the new stuff. There may have been timing setting set that are not compatible with the new RAM.

I know anything is possible but I highly doubt BOTH modules are DOA. The modules MemoryC supply are normally good quality and I've yet to have a module be DOA from them.

Ken

ZENER wrote: »
    Load the BIOS defaults with the original RAM installed then replace with the new stuff. There may have been timing setting set that are not compatible with the new RAM.

I know anything is possible but I highly doubt BOTH modules are DOA. The modules MemoryC supply are normally good quality and I've yet to have a module be DOA from them.

Ken

Doesn't this imply that I changed my BIOS when I got the machine? The only thing I changed in the BIOS was to disable the onboard sound chip (since I have a USB Creative device left over from an old machine). To date, I have yet to touch anything to do with RAM in a BIOS.

We're getting out of the realms of "Consumer Issues" now so apologies to the Mod but can you list the RAM spec (or a link to the modules you bought) and the make/model/revision of the MOBO ?

Ken

ZENER wrote: »
    We're getting out of the realms of "Consumer Issues" now so apologies to the Mod but can you list the RAM spec (or a link to the modules you bought) and the make/model/revision of the MOBO ?

Ken

Why? I already said I double checked the mobo and RAM. I went to the manufacturer's website, downloaded the manual, looked up the RAM compatibility list and copied and pasted the RAM until I got a hit on S4M.

Fair enough, just trying to help.

Ken

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd suggest doing a firmware update before returning as support for some specifics (timings for instance) may have been added since the board was manufactured

Advertisement