Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Stores St Pats T-Shirt

Options
  • 05-03-2015 3:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

Was in Dunnes earlier and saw a t-shirt for st pats days with a picture of a potato made to look like a persons face and drinking beer with something along the lines of lets get blotto.
    So now a Irish company is selling a t-shirt with a Irish person portrayed as a potato drinking beer:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Was in Dunnes earlier and saw a t-shirt for st pats days with a picture of a potato made to look like a persons face and drinking beer with something along the lines of lets get blotto.
    So now a Irish company is selling a t-shirt with a Irish person portrayed as a potato drinking beer:mad:

Mr Tayto can do what he wants on his day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

It's ok they're Irish :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

St Pat?

Any relation of Postman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Dunes I was in yesterday had Patrick's day cakes marked up expensive in the colours of the Irish flag. Except when you actually look they are Green,Orange,green. Did make me chuckle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

better than putting St Pattys day on the T-shirt!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Dunnes Stores St Pats T-Shirt

If it'll help them win the league, then I'm all for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Just looking into my tea cup. I can see quite a storm brewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

In my local Dunnes they have mannequins dressed up in full loud and garish Paddy's Day attire, they look like Americans from hell who profess their 1/35th Irish gene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Why do they have St Patrick wearing a bishops garb anyway from like the 13th century. And in Green and not Patrick blue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Would it be worse or better if the company wasn't Irish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Do Irish people actually still give a cr@p about St.Patricks day? I though we all grew out of that in our 20s :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Duggy747 wrote: »
    In my local Dunnes they have mannequins dressed up in full loud and garish Paddy's Day attire, they look like Americans from hell who profess their 1/35th Irish gene.

You'd swear it was them they were trying to sell to.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Do Irish people actually still give a cr@p about St.Patricks day? I though we all grew out of that in our 20s :-/

I can still remember where I was 20 years ago, when the last Irish person was born.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Why does that make you angry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Wide Load

Nothing like a good ol rabble.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Its falling on a bad day this year, dole day for some though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

How much are they? Do they do XXXL?

Its falling on a bad day this year, dole day for some though.

Doesn't it fall on October 19 this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Grays Sports Almanac

Seems pretty accurate.

Stereotypes come about as there are some truths to them. Sometimes more than just some.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Wont somebody think of the potatoes....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

Well I'm dressing as a Leprechaun covered in shamrock carrying a potato and drinking a pint of Guinness, same as I do most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

Was in Dunnes earlier and saw a t-shirt for st pats days with a picture of a potato made to look like a persons face and drinking beer with something along the lines of lets get blotto. So now a Irish company is selling a t-shirt with a Irish person portrayed as a potato drinking beer

hahaha amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Or a beer drinking potato even. My god, are you drunk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

hahaha amazing

Yep, first a weasel flying a woodpecker, then the drinking spud. We live in exciting times.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

OP that wasn't a picture of a potato, that's Brian Cowen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Kilburn, London 1970's...where I grew up was 50/50 West Indian & Irish.

The West Indians loved the craic & always had a bigger bunch of shamrock than us Irish...true story :D :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Nodin wrote: »
    Yep, first a weasel flying a woodpecker, then the drinking spud. We live in exciting times.

I'm not fully over the weasel yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Kilburn, London 1970's...where I grew up was 50/50 West Indian & Irish.

The West Indians loved the craic & always had a bigger bunch of shamrock than us Irish...true story :D :cool:

In the mid 90s in the UK, I always thought it was pretty much take it or leave it - until I hopped on a bus in Kilburn on Paddy's day. It was fantastic. Cans being passed around all sorts. The bus driver kept having to refuse a drink.

One of the best I've ever been in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Living in London in the 90s put me off Paddy's day for life.

Although I hated it before then too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Lapin wrote: »
    Living in London in the 90s put me off Paddy's day for life.

Although I hated it before then too.

Misery Guts !

21/25

Advertisement