Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chic Featuring Nile Rodgers - Cork/Dublin Dates

Options
  • 05-03-2015 12:10pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Chic featuring Nile Rodgers will head to Ireland for two shows this summer.

Following a performance at Electric Picnic last August, the legendary disco guitarist and songwriter will return for a show at the Iveagh Gardens in Dublin on July 9, followed by a set at Live at the Marquee in Cork on July 10. Tickets for both shows are on sale at 9am on March 12.

Rodgers heads out across the UK later this month in support of his new single, I'll Be There.

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/190048/9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Al70

I'm all Chic-ed out I'm afraid - seen em too many times - great but word for word identical shows

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Tickets are expensive enough at €51.50 excluding booking fee, last time they were here before picnic it was only about €30 if I remember correctly, will probably still go though. What's the Iveagh Gardens like as a gig venue? Outdoors I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Al70

Tickets are expensive enough at €51.50 excluding booking fee, last time they were here before picnic it was only about €30 if I remember correctly, will probably still go though. What's the Iveagh Gardens like as a gig venue? Outdoors I assume?

Lovely venue - outdoors nice size great location and vibe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

They are great gigs but that Nile Rogers is a fair man to blow his own trumpet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Yeah ,way too much.
    I saw them in the Opera house a few years ago and it was only 31 euro for a ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,939 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Al70 wrote: »
    I'm all Chic-ed out I'm afraid - seen em too many times - great but word for word identical shows

Same as, saw them 4 times in about 18 months - always good for a boogie but it gets a bit samey. Even the banter between songs is the exact same (Paul McCartney does that too).

They're bringing out a new album so might have some new tunes. Still think I'll pass though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Is it just me or is €51 not cheap for a gig?

Now that was some gig at the Marquee .
    2 hours of absolute brilliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I agree, we were there last night and really enjoyed it. Now for The Frames later on this evening. Does anyone know who the D.J before Chic came on last night was? I liked his set.

Does anyone know who the D.J before Chic came on last night was? I liked his set.

It was Stevie G from Corks Red FM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭sporina

Al70 wrote: »
    Lovely venue - outdoors nice size great location and vibe

unbelievable gig - 2 hours of pure happiness.. rare to be in a room with that amount of happy people.. unreal - and it was a special gig - songs like spacer and why…

people, have ye any idea of the contribution that Niall Rodgers has made to the music industry??? if so, really, the price is not a lot; and he has every right to blow his own trumpet - he has influenced so much music we listen to; most are not even aware of it..

i doubt anyone could stay still last night…

like, i'm not a massive fan - well, i am a fan now.. but i cannot get the tunes out of my head al day…

Chic = musical happiness..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

sporina wrote: »
    people, have ye any idea of the contribution that Niall Rodgers has made to the music industry???..

anyone who has seen him knows, cos he never shuts up about it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭sporina

anyone who has seen him knows, cos he never shuts up about it

he did not in any way over speak last night - but like i said, if he did he has every right too - music from the 80's/90's would not be what it is without him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Zardoz wrote: »
    It was Stevie G from Corks Red FM
    Thanks. I would be interested in seeing him again sometime. Does he play regularly?

Advertisement