Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wino for a Day.

Options
  • 05-03-2015 3:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭

Sit in the park,drink cheap booze and beg for money when you're pissed enough.
    Often thought it would be worth a try for a day.
    What ya think?

Even just get some ill fitting clothes from the charity shop,drink and shout at the pigeons and gaze at the clouds . Definitely a day well spent.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

No.

Yes Kitty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

kneemos wrote: »
    Yes Kitty.

You are on you're own kneemos and from some distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Wide Load

Not a bad idea! Me oul fella would be glad of the company and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

What ya think?

Even just get some ill fitting clothes from the charity shop,drink and shout at the pigeons and gaze at the clouds . Definitely a day well spent.

Done it. Some nitwit called Bert sat beside me and asked for ideas about d'conemy. I was eating mushrooms and gave it my best shot.....turns out I'm no good with figures. He also asked me for a digout. Which i thought was disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Yeah, let's say it's a good idea to be an alcoholic that needs to beg to get more drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

I'm doing it right now, except I'm drinking 18yo scotch and begging for food from the wife....... And on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

The trick though, is to hide you audi a6 around the corner so people don't realise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Wino for a Day

Wi-not! :D:pac::D:pac::D:pac::D:pac::D

:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Be sure to arrange it for a dry day OP.

Good cigarette butts are in more plentiful supply then.

• Advertisement

I've done posh knacker drinking on the canal in the middle of winter. Homebrew cider from paper coffee cups. Aw, I'd love to do that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Been there, done it...moving along :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

What ya think?

Except then afterwards you get to go home..
    Sounds like a horribly patronising Channel 4 "How the other half life" style documentary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Reminds of that show they did on the BBC, rich famous and homeless. All them posh people, sickening it was. That relative of churchill who quit on the first night for a hotel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Chemical Byrne

Sounds like fun. I can admit I often occasionally thought about what it might be like to do for a day.
    For added authenticity you could not shower for a week and have a smell of piss and sh!t off ya.

Get some makeup done to give ya the look of having sores and rash all over your face.

Get sick at passers by.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Chemical Byrne

Stagger about in the road in front of traffic. Throw a can at anyone who beeps.

Piss up the walls in the local park.

See if you can get "in" with the local winos. It's all about integration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Saturday for college students I hear. :P

See if you can get "in" with the local winos. It's all about integration.

Takes many years to get that weather beaten look.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Some have made it to the suburbs. Came into contact with one as I was leaving Molloy's off license in Clondalkin a while back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

cos when you’re laid in bed at night
    watching roaches climb the wall
    if you called your dad he could stop it all
    yeah

The Grass Arena is an interesting book on the art of alcoholic vagrancy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

wprathead wrote: »
    Except then afterwards you get to go home..
    Sounds like a horribly patronising Channel 4 "How the other half life" style documentary

He's not saying his suffering like the homeless. Basically having a boozy picnic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

What ya think?

My brother has done this on occasion when he was in college. He enjoyed it so much, he did it for his stag do last year- mismatched charity shop suits, drinking under bridges, drinking buckfast from paper bags, general blaggardistry and being a nuisance. The guards were disgusted with them.

Personally... I don't get the appeal, but apparently it's great craic :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

cloud493 wrote: »
    Reminds of that show they did on the BBC, rich famous and homeless. All them posh people, sickening it was. That relative of churchill who quit on the first night for a hotel.

Yeah I remember that, tosser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Did it in the states for a while minus the begging,when funds got low I'd fill up an empty platic bottle with water and salt make a hole in the top ,make my way to the nearest coca cola vending machine and squirt it through the coin slot....voila free money and product

cos when you’re laid in bed at night
    watching roaches climb the wall
    if you called your dad he could stop it all
    yeah

The Grass Arena is an interesting book on the art of alcoholic vagrancy.

Looks a good read.

I can see a certain appeal in it. I always say the travellers were onto something wonderful, if only they didn't have so many children.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The joys of the benches at Trinity, drinking a bottle of wine. When I didn't even go there mind.

I did it in company so that's acceptable, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

When I left my job in London after 4 years I went on a week long bender.
    Ended up one day in Soho, sitting on a step drinking cans, begging and singing.
    Oh the shame.

Advertisement