Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teeth Issues

Options
  • 04-03-2015 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Some of you may remember that I got braces last year and am now wearing retainers at night.

My regular dentist has advised me that the retainer is not sufficient support to prevent further damge from grinding at night during sleep.

She wants me to get a Michigan Splint - costing £550GBP. this is a lot of money to me and I'm trying to hold off for a while.

Also, in this port (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90857578&postcount=504) you can see my front incisors - there has always been a white fleck on the front which sometimes is more prominent than at other times - not sure why. I asked my dentist about this and she said it was a dish spae to my tooth and it was too shallow to pack out with filling.

Are there any other treatment options to remove these marks on my incisors?
    Is the michigan splint worth the investment - in order to save one tooth - which is being worn away - even though I'm wearing a rigid plastic retainer.
    Finally, is there a safe way of whitening my teeth at home over a period of time - i.e. toothpaste or mouthwash etc. My dentist is just too expensive for this treatment at her place.

Thanks.

Advertisement