Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for English

Options
  • 04-03-2015 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I've been getting bad results in English lately, it was my worst result in my Christmas test because I seem to ramble on and go off topic when I'm answering a question..
    Is there any techniques or study tips or anything for English?
    I want to improve radically and I'm not completely sure cos in JC I just breezed by.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Answer the question! I would say that's the number one most important thing. Focus your answer on the question asked and not just on your general knowledge of the topic. Tie each paragraph back to the question. If you tend to go off topic just keep asking yourself if it's relevant to the question you're supposed to be answering.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pleindespoir

Have you seen the English revision part of the newspaper "Irish Times" given a month ago if I'm not mistaken? It has very good tips. But the one the marked me the most is "have something to say".

Advertisement