Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone on the M1 this morning?

Options
  • 04-03-2015 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

I was travelling North on the M1 at around 9:45am this morning somewhere near the airport and I saw a mother duck and a line of about 7 chicks on the hard shoulder getting ready to cross the motorway. The motorway was busy at that time with a steady flow of traffic so their chances of a successful crossing would have been close to nil. Furthermore the central bank is a high concrete bollard so there would be nowhere to go even if they did get across the three lanes. I only hope the mother duck had enough sense not to attempt it.
    No question as such here I know, but thought I'd post to see if anyone out there saw the same or even saw the outcome. It was not nice to see and as I was in the fast lane there was nothing I could do. I see roadkill all the time but as of yet have never hit one myself or seen one being hit so it was a bit shocking to almost see it unfolding in front of you.

As an aside, I didn't realise ducks had chicks quite this early. Not sure of the species by the way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

Drove along the same stretch of road this morning and kept a good eye out for any duck pancakes. Thankfully there were none :)

Advertisement